M7060 fuel problem?

panaceabeachbum

Nov 15, 2015
Panacea
I have a 2 year old m7060, 286 hours. A few days ago it started cutting off after 3-5 minutes run time then start back up, might run for hours.

I found a big glob of crap in the water separator that was jiggling/floating around and plugging fuel flow from sep to lift pump. I cleaned out the separator, then swapped fuel filter just in case .

There is no prime ump on my sep, service manual says turn on key for 30 seconds, off for 10 then repeat to prime pump.

About the 5th time the key was turned on for aprox 20 seconds the pump overheated and died since it is cooled by the flow of fuel.

Fast forward to today, new pump in place, will not prime. Just runs without ever pulling fuel from the tank. Any thoughts? Would like to unload a truck tomorrow, neighbor is tired of me borrowing his John Deere

sask

Dec 27, 2017
saskatchewan
I had a fuel flow problem similar to that ....it was a horselfy lodged in the banjo fitting on the supply line to the electric fuel pump. Not sure if your fuel line is similar. Also, I'm sure you double checked the fuel cock is turned back on ;)

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

sask

Dec 27, 2017
saskatchewan
Also, I had to crank over to fill separator ....the key on/off prime wouldn't work. Cranked till it filled then did the priming sequence with key.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Sounds like a glob of algae. If so, need to clean it out by flushing all the fuel, then new fuel filter. Add an algaecide to the new fuel.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
"sure there is more"?? U can BET that theres more..
You'll hafta do alittle research to find out if the tank has a filter on the feed/outlet pipe..
Then remove IT & DRAIN & flush the tank..
Cuz if u just drain it & it has a filter IN THE TANK.. U just wasted a bunch of time & fuel,
know what I mean.??

panaceabeachbum

Nov 15, 2015
Panacea
"sure there is more"?? U can BET that theres more..
You'll hafta do alittle research to find out if the tank has a filter on the feed/outlet pipe..
Then remove IT & DRAIN & flush the tank..
Cuz if u just drain it & it has a filter IN THE TANK.. U just wasted a bunch of time & fuel,
know what I mean.??
Indeed I do, my guy is under the tractor now dropping the tank now since I found a leak from something poking the tank which needs to be repaired.