M62 TLB will not start after "playing" with intellipanel "service inspect" functions

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
FYI: I wrote down all of the intellipanel "service Inspect" functions for my version of the M62. Based on what I have read and some replies here Kubota must change around what each letter represents. This list is for a 2019 M62 - who knows if software or firmware updates are used to change this around.

A - Level Indicators
○ Battery (Voltage)
○ Coolant (deg)
○ Fuel (Voltage)
○ Engine (n/min)
○ Throttle 1 (Voltage)
○ Throttle 2 (Voltage)
○ Range (Voltage)
○ Pedal 1 (Voltage)
○ Pedal 2 (Voltage)
○ Swash 1 (Voltage)
○ Swash 2 (Voltage)
○ Forward Sol (current)
○ Reverse Sol (current)
○ PTO rev. (n/min)
○ Intake 1 Temp (deg)
○ Intake 2 Temp (deg)
○ Outlet Temp (deg)
B - Speed Coefficient (four digit number)
C - PTO Coefficient No. (1, 2, 3, 4)
D - Clear error codes
I - Transmission Model (HST, GST, Manual)
J - Speed Unit (km/h, mph)
K - HST Fine-adjustment Mode
L - Throttle Sensor Fine-adjustment Mode
M - HST-SP No.1, HST-SP No.2 [through] 9
N - Tractor Model Set-A (0-4)
I have been looking at the shop manual for my L3560, 2013 version, and there D also clears error codes from instrument panel. The page on K HST pedal and range shift lever fine-adjustment mode is something of a nightmare, 16 steps, and has some preconditions like hand throttle idle, parking brake on, range gear shift neutral, start engine and idle etc etc. that without a shop manual you might not have done. I can imagine that some thing here out of whack might produce your symptoms, but no idea how to get them back. It is the no regen that is really worrisome. It is also possible the your browsing this menu did nothing and the no start and no regen have to do with the sensor you replaced. Please do let us know how it turns out.

dereckbradley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M62
Jan 7, 2021
CA
Success!

While looking at all of the intellipanel "service inspect" functions I must have entered Mode "L" Throttle Sensor Fine-adjustment Mode. @whitetiger provided the workshop manual info pages 9-S24 through 9-S27 which give step by step instructions for the fine HST and Throttle adjustments. All it takes to enter this adjustment mode is to select "L" and hold the "display mode" button for 2 seconds. My guess is once I entered this "test mode" I had to go through the steps to get out of the mode - although I don't plan on testing that theory. Once it was starting properly I ran the regeneration and now all is well!

Here are the events I did to get up and running again as well as screenshots of the WSM pages.

Based on the debug so far and the comments here everything was pointing towards the HST (throttle) as being the source of my grief. Once I had a WSM I found the pages 9-S24 through 9-S27 fine HST and Throttle adjustments and started the steps. I will attach the pages.

I preceded to follow Mode "K" HST fine-adjustments. While going through this I was getting "Out of Setting Position ERROR No. 71" which has a line item in these steps. I was getting this error because I was in gear "M" and should have been in Neutral (one of the first steps and I failed to do it). Once I had the tractor in the correct setup (brake on, Neutral, etc.) I was able to move to the next step. The rest was straight forward and once completed I tried to restart - but no luck, it still would not start.

Thinking it still could be the throttle I proceeded to go through Mode "L" Throttle Sensor Fine-adjustment Mode. These steps were simple and completed in about a minute. Tried to restart and... hearing that engine kick over was so great to hear!

I immediately started the regeneration cycle and after a few minutes I was back to new.

Thank you everyone for the help - I really appreciate it. I hope I can be as helpful in the future. I plan on keeping my service appointment in February - I might as well have it looked over by someone who knows what they are doing.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Success!

While looking at all of the intellipanel "service inspect" functions I must have entered Mode "L" Throttle Sensor Fine-adjustment Mode. @whitetiger provided the workshop manual info pages 9-S24 through 9-S27 which give step by step instructions for the fine HST and Throttle adjustments. All it takes to enter this adjustment mode is to select "L" and hold the "display mode" button for 2 seconds. My guess is once I entered this "test mode" I had to go through the steps to get out of the mode - although I don't plan on testing that theory. Once it was starting properly I ran the regeneration and now all is well!

Here are the events I did to get up and running again as well as screenshots of the WSM pages.

Based on the debug so far and the comments here everything was pointing towards the HST (throttle) as being the source of my grief. Once I had a WSM I found the pages 9-S24 through 9-S27 fine HST and Throttle adjustments and started the steps. I will attach the pages.

I preceded to follow Mode "K" HST fine-adjustments. While going through this I was getting "Out of Setting Position ERROR No. 71" which has a line item in these steps. I was getting this error because I was in gear "M" and should have been in Neutral (one of the first steps and I failed to do it). Once I had the tractor in the correct setup (brake on, Neutral, etc.) I was able to move to the next step. The rest was straight forward and once completed I tried to restart - but no luck, it still would not start.

Thinking it still could be the throttle I proceeded to go through Mode "L" Throttle Sensor Fine-adjustment Mode. These steps were simple and completed in about a minute. Tried to restart and... hearing that engine kick over was so great to hear!

I immediately started the regeneration cycle and after a few minutes I was back to new.

Thank you everyone for the help - I really appreciate it. I hope I can be as helpful in the future. I plan on keeping my service appointment in February - I might as well have it looked over by someone who knows what they are doing.
Wonderful, and blessings on whitetiger for providing the right manual pages!

Putneymountain

Equipment
Kubota M62
Sep 11, 2021
Putney, VT
Unrelated M62 Question?

Is it normal for a new M62 to have the loader bucket and backhoe bucket dump when the engine is shut off? There is a clicking sound, and the buckets drop over about half and hour. For the first hundred hours or so they stayed in place - and there was no clicking.

BTW - And I know that buckets shouldn't be left up - I just do it when I'm shoveling mulch or compost.

Thanks in advance for any help.

dereckbradley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M62
Jan 7, 2021
CA
Unrelated M62 Question?

Is it normal for a new M62 to have the loader bucket and backhoe bucket dump when the engine is shut off? There is a clicking sound, and the buckets drop over about half and hour. For the first hundred hours or so they stayed in place - and there was no clicking.

BTW - And I know that buckets shouldn't be left up - I just do it when I'm shoveling mulch or compost.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I am no expert but I can speak to what my experience of about 1200 hours over the last two years on my 2019 M62. If my bucket is left loaded for some time it does not make a clicking sound and it stays where it was left. I have not left it like this for more than a few hours at most while working on something.

CRFD1105

Equipment
L3560 LE
Mar 19, 2023
Clio SC
Success!

Did all the other functions return to normal? DS will go to fast? I did the same thing and just printed the pages. I'm loaded to go to the dealer in the morning, but will try this first. Thanks in advance.