M5700 four wheel drive help

hindman

Equipment
M5700
Oct 31, 2009
south carolina
:confused:I got a 2001 M5700 a couple of months ago four my dad and he said that the four wheel drive was not working. The last time i went home i checked and it does appear that the four wheel drive is not working. I got both the operator's manual and the service manual, but haven't found any help thereThe linkage from the cab to the bottom of the transmission looks fine and is moving. If you guys have any advise to give i would apperciated it.

Thanks,
Willliam

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Here's a thought ... You should have the LA1002 FEL right? Chock the rear wheels, raise the front tires with the bucket ( do not get any part of your body under the wheels) with the all wheel drive level pulled in, slowly rotate the front tires both directions and see if the input shaft is turning back to the transmission drop box. If not, its very possible the problem is in the axle side gears driven by the ring & pinion gears. You may have to pull a cover to see the shaft. I'm not sure what the M5700 looks like with skid plates and armor from the factory. Let us know, this is very rare from what I have read about this beast ( 5 cyl. diesel) with heavy duty drive train :D

hindman

Equipment
M5700
Oct 31, 2009
south carolina
it will be thanksgiving before the next time i go home, but i will try and let you know what i find. Thank you, William