M5660 SUHD Review

conquistador

Equipment
L2050DT and Hopefully Soon M5660 SUHD
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Ok, now that I finally have my new M5660 SUHD home, I figured I would follow up with a review of sorts. The tractor was (finally) delivered yesterday and the only seat time I got was to drive it about 3/10 of a mile down the road to its new home.

Its quiet. Compared to my old L2050 it purrs. The station layout is easy and user friendly. I like the joystick control for the loader and bucket. Power steering is a wonderful thing to have as well!!

There will be a learning curve having a larger tractor, FEL, and having to deal with the tier 4 emmisions. I'll post more for everyone after I hopefully get to bush hog about 50 acres this weekend if the weather holds off on heavy rains. Its going to be hit and miss in Western Kentucky the next few days.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The engine in your M is apparently the same design as those in the L 60 series. Yours has a turbo, which only the biggest L60 has. They all have dpf filters. Guessing that Kubota is using the same Intellipanel interface, you might find the pdf in this link to be helpful in getting used to the regeneration process.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28108

I would appreciate knowing how similar or different the directions are for your model, I don't have access to an owner's manual for the M's.

Thanks!

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
The rains held off and I was able to put about 9.5 hours on the M5660 this weekend.

Started off Friday afternoon and Saturday morning bush hogging about 10 acres of the 50 I need to get cut in the next few weekends. I must say I was very impressed with the power of the tractor pulling the 7foot LandPride cutter. It never skipped a beat, even when it encountered the ground hog that was hiding in the blackberries (eww).

Yesterday I moved sand for my wife's chicken runs. It was nice to be able to get a scoop, pull up to the doors and shovel it in. Made the work alot easier.

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Sheepfarmer,

I will compare my owners manual to the link you sent and let you know the difference. If the numbers hold true, I shouldn't be far from my first regen since it seems like most occur around 10 hours or so. I'm sitting at 9.5 but a large majority of that was using the rotary cutter so it may extend it some.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sheepfarmer,

I will compare my owners manual to the link you sent and let you know the difference. If the numbers hold true, I shouldn't be far from my first regen since it seems like most occur around 10 hours or so. I'm sitting at 9.5 but a large majority of that was using the rotary cutter so it may extend it some.
Just so you won't be in suspense, push the display button and scroll through the choices until you get to the one that shows the bar graph that shows how full your dpf filter is. Very interesting, you can see the % go up and down depending on what you are doing. It won't regen until it hits 100%. Mine takes about 30 hrs or more.