M4500DT 3 point linkage not working after oil change

sanjeevtyagi

Equipment
M4500DT
Mar 6, 2023
Oregon
Yes that is correct. If your linkage worked then I would think it is an airlock. I would assume all the tractors would be the same:) Make sure you are higher with the transmission. It needs to be pretty steep, but as soon as your high enough it should work. I tried putting oil back through the line with a curved hose. That was hopeless because I realised the oil was just flowing back in to the transmission and only a dribble would be left in the filter. New ones must self prime through the gear pump, I don't know. Or they fill it with a vacuum pump. I dont think there is anything on it in the manual. The outlet from the filter is on top of the pump, crack the three bolts if you need to for it to bleed. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Thanks a tonne for your help i will update you

sanjeevtyagi

Equipment
M4500DT
Mar 6, 2023
Oregon
I am still battling to start this tractor , after i got it repaired i think the starter died on me, it just clicks and doesn't wanna start the engine , looks like i will have to replace this starter before i can try the backing up to hill procedure. :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am still battling to start this tractor , after i got it repaired i think the starter died on me, it just clicks and doesn't wanna start the engine , looks like i will have to replace this starter before i can try the backing up to hill procedure. :)
Very unlikely the starter!
Very likely battery cables, battery cable connections (either cable, either end) or battery.