Losing power

milesy

Equipment
kubota L4060HST
Jul 15, 2021
islandview
I have a 3 year old L4060HST Kubota and every time i put an attachment on it and power up after about 45min the tractor dies to almost shutting off. I have cleaned the water separator and fuel filter and checked all the lines. The diesel I'm using is ok and no signs of contamination. help

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have a 3 year old L4060HST Kubota and every time i put an attachment on it and power up after about 45min the tractor dies to almost shutting off. I have cleaned the water separator and fuel filter and checked all the lines. The diesel I'm using is ok and no signs of contamination. help
Any lights on or codes coming up on the panel? Sounds like it is going into limp mode.

milesy

Equipment
kubota L4060HST
Jul 15, 2021
islandview
nope just dies suddenly, if i dont throttle down it dies out. runs good at beginning then once it starts it just will not run an attachment

BIGO

Equipment
M5660suhd X1140 RVT
Sep 13, 2018
Fl
I see where you said " you cleaned the water separator and fuel filter". Have you actually changed the fuel filter? Not the little filter in the separator but the big one .

Austin

Equipment
Kubota
Jul 15, 2021
Paris
nope just dies suddenly, if i dont throttle down it dies out. runs good at beginning then once it starts it just will not run an attachment
We here at Coleman Tractor have seen a lot of fuel issues inside the tank. This would cause restriction in fuel flow.

Reactions: 1 user

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
run it til it dies and quickly remove your fuel filter, see if it is empty. Ill bet that you have a small air leak that allows the filter to refill while youre running, but too slow to handle the load. Chack for an air leak upstream

ProSkier871

Equipment
BX2350
Jul 15, 2021
Ohio USA
I have a 2007 BX2350 with the same problem. I have replaced bot Fuel Filters, ran clean fresh Diesel and it ran fine while mowing until about 45 minutes or so then it will start Pulsating when running, with Throttle at 3/4 (towards full power) it is surging and sputtering loosing power. Turning off the Mower deck helps for a short period but then starts up again and will actually quit running unless it is throttled down. If you turn it off and let it sit for 10 minutes and restart it, it will run fine for about 30 minutes and do it again. I actually ran the fuel down to below 1/4 tank and when this happens the fuel level will bottom out or jump.

This was occurring even before replacing the fuel filters and lines.

Thinking possibly the Fuel Pump.

Any other ideas???

milesy

Equipment
kubota L4060HST
Jul 15, 2021
islandview
I see where you said " you cleaned the water separator and fuel filter". Have you actually changed the fuel filter? Not the little filter in the separator but the big one .
yes, i changed the fuel filter, i believe its in the tank so I'm going to take it in to dealership. thanks

Reactions: 1 user

milesy

Equipment
kubota L4060HST
Jul 15, 2021
islandview
I have a 2007 BX2350 with the same problem. I have replaced bot Fuel Filters, ran clean fresh Diesel and it ran fine while mowing until about 45 minutes or so then it will start Pulsating when running, with Throttle at 3/4 (towards full power) it is surging and sputtering loosing power. Turning off the Mower deck helps for a short period but then starts up again and will actually quit running unless it is throttled down. If you turn it off and let it sit for 10 minutes and restart it, it will run fine for about 30 minutes and do it again. I actually ran the fuel down to below 1/4 tank and when this happens the fuel level will bottom out or jump.

This was occurring even before replacing the fuel filters and lines.

Thinking possibly the Fuel Pump.

Any other ideas???
i'm just going to take mine to dealership. ill let you know what they say.