looking for basics..

new to orange

Equipment
B1700
May 8, 2011
Gainesville fl usa
Good evening All, I was told the tractor I bought is a B1700. Ive seen 3 different B1700 series, there is a D, E and an HSD. How do I tell what model mine is? There is what looks like a serial number with a repair welded plate obscuring part of the numbers on the side of the tractor. I can see the model on the engine though.
I will also need a shop manual and parts book. These will cost over $100 through Messicks, is there another resource for the manuals?
Does any one have any advice for getting auxilary hydro to the rear? Ive found a PTO mounted pump that will work for around $300. Is there a way to bring it of the tractor instead?
Lastly, I am going to build a log splitter and a post hole auger to attach. What are the recomendations of places to get pistons, controls and fittings?
Thanks for your thoughts.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Usual Kubota codes are listed in a thread from a month or two ago, I can't find it right now. As I recall it is
1700DT dual traction, we call it 4wd
1700E
1700HSD
generally HST refers to hydrostatic transmission/drive

I have access to the 1700 parts manuals and links to free or low cost service manuals. PM me if you are interested. I also have links to a list of equipment suppliers.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Last edited:

new to orange

Equipment
B1700
May 8, 2011
Gainesville fl usa
Thanks for all the information guys. Looks like its an HSD since I have the Hydro Drive.
I found the parts list but not a shop manual. Ill just keep hassling the local dealer for a while. I've got a feeling that I don't understand enough yet about the hydro system so Ill hold off on the splitter for a while.

Thanks again.