Loading tires winter only?

half_full

Equipment
B2320
May 18, 2012
Williamston, MI
So many loaded tire threads I tried to search but couldn't find the answer to my specific question.
2011 B2320 HSD with r4's. FEL, 60" MMM, BB,,,
My yard is very wet/soft in spring and moderately soft in the summer. So I didn't want loaded tires. This is what I use to mow my 2+- acre lawn and didn't know if the added weight would tear anything up. Plus, I tow the tractor 300 miles round trip to my cabin a few times each summer/fall. Didn't want to tow the weight. I use the back blade or ballast box to ballast when using the FEL. I know the loaded tires aren't really that much extra but I didn't know how it would affect trailer balance.

So, Does anyone load tires for snow use and unload for mow use?
Any issues to having that little bit of fluid in the tires that are higher than the valve stem? I'd really rather not turn the tractor on it's side to get it all out :D
I do have a loading ramp behind the barn so that and storage containers...

Am I nuts to go this way as opposed to buying wheel weights(which I keep an eye out for constantly)?

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Mine stay loaded and I've never heard of anyone unloading tires to mow. If loaded tires were too much extra weight, I'd just do without.

Rear ballast on the 3 pt is much more important anyway and sounds like you have that covered.

Mystro

Aug 20, 2012
Central Pa.
Mine is staying loaded (Rimguard aka beat juice). I think the stability they bring is worth the trade off and with turf tires my lawn will not know he difference.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
It's really not practical to load and unload the tires between seasons especially if you have to pay someone else to do it as it takes special equipment to do it right or it's a major PITA.
Wheels weights of course would help and like you I've been keeping my eyes out for something reasonable in Michigan too. I have industrial lugs (R4) and surprisingly they don't tear up the yard like I thought they would at all, but I'm sure if I load them they will or could easily be a problem in that regard.
Al

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
I haven't had my B7610 for too long, but the tires are loaded, (rim guard) and I live in lower land so the yard can get soft. I have turf tires and haven't noticed sinking into the yard. I would say don't load them as long as you're using something for a counter balance and it's working so far.

Scottinvt

Equipment
Bx2350
Sep 19, 2012
Rutland,VT
I would still load the tires. My lawn stays wet and soft almost all year here in VT and I have the rim guard as well. I have the industrial tires and no issues tearing up my lawn with loaded tires. Good luck

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My BX has filled tires and wheel weights that stay on all year, my ground is hill sides and so soft bottoms,, if you know where they are you and figure out how to get around and through,, besides that why we got 4WD,,,lol

half_full

Equipment
B2320
May 18, 2012
Williamston, MI
It's really not practical to load and unload the tires between seasons especially if you have to pay someone else to do it as it takes special equipment to do it right or it's a major PITA.
Wheels weights of course would help and like you I've been keeping my eyes out for something reasonable in Michigan too. I have industrial lugs (R4) and surprisingly they don't tear up the yard like I thought they would at all, but I'm sure if I load them they will or could easily be a problem in that regard.
Al
I know, seemed kinda silly to load/unload to me too. But, being new to this I had to ask.
Seems all the wheel weights listed in CL are for specific tractors. I have yet to get a response to the my question for the poster to measure hole spacing.