Loader won't lower unless I use FLOAT

jimwarneke

Equipment
B7300
Sep 6, 2024
Columbiana, OH
Hello! New to the forums and new to Kubotas!

I recently aquired an old Kubota B7500 with a L272 loader and a RCK60 belly mower (with user manuals, parts lists, and WSMs for each).
It is new to me, but in very used condition. I have been going through it an making everything work properly using YouTube and my manuals but I am stuck on what to look for on the loader.

It will go up, dump, and curl with no issues - but the only way to make it lower is to push the control up into float mode and release the pressure. This makes it usable, but there is no down pressure for back grading.

I have done a complete hydraulic fluid change with all new filters. There are no leaks.

Ideas?

Any help given is greatly appreciated!

-Jim

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Must the loader valve attached to the control. I’d try taking it apart and clean it. Maybe it has a bit of rust or debris in it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello! New to the forums and new to Kubotas!

I recently aquired an old Kubota B7500 with a L272 loader and a RCK60 belly mower (with user manuals, parts lists, and WSMs for each).
It is new to me, but in very used condition. I have been going through it an making everything work properly using YouTube and my manuals but I am stuck on what to look for on the loader.

It will go up, dump, and curl with no issues - but the only way to make it lower is to push the control up into float mode and release the pressure. This makes it usable, but there is no down pressure for back grading.

I have done a complete hydraulic fluid change with all new filters. There are no leaks.

Ideas?

Any help given is greatly appreciated!

-Jim
L272 is not a model number I recognize.

Is the loader powered by the tractor hydraulucs or does it have its own pump on the front of the tractor?

Dan