lights for bx2730

rtdonell

Equipment
BX 2370
Jul 7, 2016
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hello. I'm new to the forum. First post so forgive me if I'm doing it all wrong. I want to mount light that the bucket on my lil orange tractor doesn't block but the top of the ROP isn't an option. My property has low hanging tree branches so my ROP is folded down. Any ideas on where I could put them that would still not be blocked by the bucket?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello. I'm new to the forum. First post so forgive me if I'm doing it all wrong. I want to mount light that the bucket on my lil orange tractor doesn't block but the top of the ROP isn't an option. My property has low hanging tree branches so my ROP is folded down. Any ideas on where I could put them that would still not be blocked by the bucket?
First thing I did when I got my new BX ......cut EVERY limb in the way of the ROPS.....maybe it is not possible for you. Then again, possible?

Mounted on the outside of the bucket, nope.......inside the bucket, naw....

the only place you could do it would be on the top edge, AND only when you curled the bucket would you have light where you want it.

IF you have a brush guard - that is a consideration - mount them high enough to get over the bucket - but they will be blocked at one point or another.

Any light is better than the standard headlights however.

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada

I bought these from kubota for when my rops is down (the side mount ones). They are LED and I can aim them where I want them. I assume you can make them cheaper.

rtdonell

Equipment
BX 2370
Jul 7, 2016
Cincinnati, Ohio
trapperdrew;192766 I bought these from kubota for when my rops is down (the side mount ones). They are LED and I can aim them where I want them. I assume you can make them cheaper.[/QUOTE said:
Does the flood lights low on the ROP being so close to your head get in your eyes a lot? I thought of that but figured they would make it hard to see if you wasn't looking straight forward.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
The LA302 loader on my B7500 has a tube which connects the two loader frame uprights above the dash. I mounted two LED headlights on top of that tube. You could probably fabricate something similar for your BX.

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
They arnt too bad. At the hight they are at if I needed to look behind me the brim of my hat blocks them pretty good.