LA340 SSQA

mike-ss

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jul 9, 2023
Ohio
I'm a brand new sub compact owner and am having difficulty finding a skid steer quick attach adapter for the LA340 loader on a 2021 BX23S. There's basically every other model available except the LA340. Does anyone know where to find one or if the LA240 or LA243 version will fit the LA340?
Thanks!

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
Two lever quick attach for LA340 is listed on the build my Kubota for $545.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The dealer sales department may be able to get the whole goods parts for you.

Parts department can also get the parts but cost would be much higher.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
from canada,eh...

$1641.25
$3271.44
$4974.91
all are #010 (complete units), cost based on serial number of tractor

have NO idea why the price differences.... maybe the experts will !!!!!
FWIW, I've never had the loader off in 5+ years.no need to.
Also while the SSQA does weigh a bit more, having to take 6 trips instead of 5 isn't a big deal. What's GREAT is NOT having to fight with heavy,awkward buckets, trying to line up 4 pins and wasting precious daylight !

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I don't believe that the SSQA for the LA240 or 243 will be a straight fit. I have the LA344 that is supposed to be that same and I wanted to stay away from the SSQA and retain the pin on system because of the extra weight of the SSQA system. I had to find a pin on quick attach system that was compatible with the LA344. What I found out at the time was that the LA344 bucket stand, pivots on the same pin as the bucket, unlike the previous versions. Additionally, the bucket has two large screws that push the stand into the stowed position as the bucket goes to the full dump position. This is lacking on the older FEL systems since the stand is stowed and pinned manually and not from the seat with just a lever. The AI2 video shows the nuances of the LA344/LA340 stand stowage requirements. You would probably end up doing the reverse of what is shown in the video but securing the stand and the stand bolt adjustments would still apply. There are additional helpful videos on the AI2 website comparing the different generations of BX tractors.

mike-ss

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jul 9, 2023
Ohio
I don't believe that the SSQA for the LA240 or 243 will be a straight fit. I have the LA344 that is supposed to be that same and I wanted to stay away from the SSQA and retain the pin on system because of the extra weight of the SSQA system. I had to find a pin on quick attach system that was compatible with the LA344. What I found out at the time was that the LA344 bucket stand, pivots on the same pin as the bucket, unlike the previous versions. Additionally, the bucket has two large screws that push the stand into the stowed position as the bucket goes to the full dump position. This is lacking on the older FEL systems since the stand is stowed and pinned manually and not from the seat with just a lever. The AI2 video shows the nuances of the LA344/LA340 stand stowage requirements. You would probably end up doing the reverse of what is shown in the video but securing the stand and the stand bolt adjustments would still apply. There are additional helpful videos on the AI2 website comparing the different generations of BX tractors.

Thanks this is a great video!