L6060 loader hydraulic issues

Ct-Moose

Equipment
L6060 HSTC, quick-attach brush mower,rock grapple,4' forks,land plow and 6'harro
May 30, 2024
Tol-241mcf
2023 L6060 HSTC w/LA1055 loader has hydraulic issues with boom drop and bucket roll when full. Also lift capability greatly reduced. Dealer warranty failed to correct the problem,any suggestions ?
And after warranty how do I increase hyd, lift settings ?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
2023 L6060 HSTC w/LA1055 loader has hydraulic issues with boom drop and bucket roll when full. Also lift capability greatly reduced. Dealer warranty failed to correct the problem,any suggestions ?
Please elaborate:

1. Describe the boom drop problem.
  2. Describe the bucket roll problem
  3. Whst has changed with lift capability?
Does the dealer think a problem exists?

Dan

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You have two years on your warranty so have the dealer fix it. What do you mean by "dealer warranty failed to correct the problem". Kubota is legally obligated to solve the problem or they can take the tractor back and give you a replacement. But this sounds like a basic problem that any dealer should be able to fix. So you took it to the dealer with the problem and they couldn't fix it .... really? What's the name of the dealer?

Also, what bucket do you have and what are you picking up with it?

Reactions: 1 user

Ct-Moose

Equipment
L6060 HSTC, quick-attach brush mower,rock grapple,4' forks,land plow and 6'harro
May 30, 2024
Tol-241mcf
You have two years on your warranty so have the dealer fix it. What do you mean by "dealer warranty failed to correct the problem". Kubota is legally obligated to solve the problem or they can take the tractor back and give you a replacement. But this sounds like a basic problem that any dealer should be able to fix. So you took it to the dealer with the problem and they couldn't fix it .... really? What's the name of the dealer?

Also, what bucket do you have and what are you picking up with it?
The L6060 has a LA1055 loader has a factory HD bucket and when carring a bucket of dirt the loader arms drop from 5' to ground in 1.5 min. and bucket rolls about 1/3 the way in same time.
It is Back at the dealer now, but they have offered nothing to date as to cause or fix. Not sure they know the cause. Everything is electro-hydraulic and new technology. Wondering if anyone had expierenced a similar problem.

Ct-Moose

Equipment
May 30, 2024
Tol-241mcf
OP expects more lift capacity with a fully loaded bucket?
View attachment 129615
Unit as new worked fine,no problem lifting a full bucket of " 3/4m/gravel. But now Lifting capability has decreased over past few months and loader arm drop and bucket roll has steadily increased.
Dealer has acknowledged the drop problem,had the tractor for a week and returned it with same problems. They have it back again, but have offered nothing as to cause or fix ? They did bring us a loaner but my confidence in their electro-hydraulic issue repair is fading. Has anyone expierenced same ?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The L6060 has a LA1055 loader has a factory HD bucket and when carring a bucket of dirt the loader arms drop from 5' to ground in 1.5 min. and bucket rolls about 1/3 the way in same time.
It is Back at the dealer now, but they have offered nothing to date as to cause or fix. Not sure they know the cause. Everything is electro-hydraulic and new technology. Wondering if anyone had expierenced a similar problem.
The cause is clear - hydraulic leakage.

The boom dropping is likely spool leakage in the loader valve. Spool leakage is a normal fact of life in all valves but 5' in 90 seconds is excessive. The dealer may try to tell you differently.

The bucket sag is more complicated. It could be due to leaking piston seals in one or both cylinders abd/or spool leakage in the valve. If its spool leakage its excessive. If its leaking seals its defective. You can easily test the seals by loading the bucket and the disconnecting both of the bucket quick connects. If the bucket sags the seals are leaking. If it holds the spools in the valve are leaking.

I will also note that the loader valve may be auto leveling. That can make diagnosus more complicated. If you hsve an auto leveling vvalve and csn disable that feature it will simplify diagnosis.

EDIT: My money is on a decective loader valve. Dealer msy not be happy with that idea.

Dan

Last edited:

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Welcome to the group
I’d just let the dealership worry about it well it’s still has warranty. You mentioned it’s at the shop atm getting looked at so why not wait till you hear what they say. I’m sure they aren’t gonna send you packing with a new machine and a loader that won’t hold pressure when it’s loaded. Saying warranty failed to fix it well it’s still at the dealers being looked at is jumping the gun a bit.
I wouldn’t worry about increasing lift capacity right now. The real answer for me is to buy a bigger tractor if I want to lift more weight.

Ct-Moose

Equipment
May 30, 2024
Tol-241mcf
The cause is clear - hydraulic leakage.

The boom dropping is likely spool leakage in the loader valve. Spool leakage is a normal fact of life in all valves but 5' in 90 seconds is excessive. The dealer may try to tell you differently.

The bucket sag is more complicated. It could be due to leaking piston seals in one or both cylinders abd/or spool leakage in the valve. If its spool leakage its excessive. If its leaking seals its defective. You can easily test the seals by loading the bucket and the disconnecting both of the bucket quick connects. If the bucket sags the seals are leaking. If it holds the spools in the valve are leaking.

I will also note that the loader valve may be auto leveling. That can make diagnosus more complicated. If you hsve an auto leveling vvalve and csn disable that feature it will simplify diagnosis.

EDIT: My money is on a decective loader valve. Dealer msy not be happy with that idea.

Dan
thanks,I can now ask dealer some more intelligent questions ref."spool leakage" posibility . And my my unit does have the self leveling feature. I am generally satisfied with the L6060 and the dealer and understand that Kobuta stands behind it's warranty. But the absence of feedback or defined fix information is annoying to say the least. I do appreciate all the feedback.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
thanks,I can now ask dealer some more intelligent questions ref."spool leakage" posibility . And my my unit does have the self leveling feature. I am generally satisfied with the L6060 and the dealer and understand that Kobuta stands behind it's warranty. But the absence of feedback or defined fix information is annoying to say the least. I do appreciate all the feedback.
I looked at the parts diagram and the auto-leveling on that loader (aka Spill Guard) appears to be mechanical not electro- hydraulic.

Dan

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I know it's frustrating when equipment fails to work properly, and even more frustrating when the equipment is new. But the dealer will get it resolved even if it takes them some time to figure it out. I have the same loader on my MX and had the same loader on my previous MX, but didn't and don't have the auto leveling option. I've had zero issues with either, but to be honest, I've had zero issues with all four Kubota tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

Ct-Moose

Equipment
May 30, 2024
Tol-241mcf
Thanks for ALL responses. I am pleased to hear of overall satisfaction with Kubota tractors and their dealers. My dealer said it will be in their shop early next week and so I will wait and see and give you a feedback after the next dealer visit.

Reactions: 1 users

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
There is no electrical anything related to the loader, it is the same system which has been used for many years.

Ct-Moose

Equipment
May 30, 2024
Tol-241mcf
There is no electrical anything related to the loader, it is the same system which has been used for many years.
Thanks for your no electrical responses. I saw the same but thought I must not on correct info. pages. And general dealer statements led me to believe that "it was a highly technical electro-hydraulic design". It being same old (mechanical) design,used for years,makes me more confident of a dealer fix. It's in shop today, and answers promised in a few days,which I will share. Thanks again.