L4060 lighting harness questions

spj4060

Equipment
L4060 open station
Aug 4, 2023
Western NY
Well I just took the plunge after being fed up with my life long commitment to John Deere. Taking delivery of a new Grand L4060 LE next week. I have a bunch of led pod lights already that I am going to fender mount in a few different locations. Os anyone aware of any prewired harnesses tucked anywhere on the tractor to tie into for work lighting before i start pulling a bunch of new wire? Just want to be prepared so i can jump into it once delivered.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Nope, but you could swap the headlights for LED's and tap into that circuit provided the factory and additional LED's don't exceed the load rating for the harness. Also I would mount the lights to the inside of the rops. Here is the kit I have used many times with excellent results(friends and neighbors keep dropping off tractors and UTV's once they see mine and how it looks factory(if the factory went crazy with LED's). This is a separate harness and has everything needed to install, except the included fuses are too high for my liking, so I drop down to 10 amp fuse. Also make sure you press the release tab if unplugging wires.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Many Kubota models have a plug in one of the rear fenders that is made for plugging into to run rear work lights.