L3600 Air Cleaner Assembly

Kbrown328

Equipment
L3600
Jun 2, 2024
Whitney Point, NY
I just had a small fire in my Air Cleaner and it melted the air cleaner assembly and filter cap! A new one is very expensive. Has anyone adapted an aftermarket filter assembly in lieu of the OEM assembly? Thanks for the help!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I’m sure Donaldson has something. I’ve used them on some Toro mowers with Kubota engines at work. Take a few measurements of what you have and get to looking.

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thanks. I noted Donaldson came up a few times when I was searching for the filter assembly, I’ll give them a try!
I just looked up the filter for your tractor, looks odd. May have to replace the whole air box assembly with Donaldson. Might even get you into a less expensive dual filter setup.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Messicks wants almost $500 for the Assembly! I’ll give Donaldson a call and see if the have a suggested replacement!
Please answer how in blue blazes did you have a fire in the air cleaner?
This is 100% the first one I've ever heard of on a Kubota diesel!

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Maybe an aerosol starting aid?
Yea that's what I'm thinking too. 😱
And if it was, forget the air cleaner canister, he needs to save his money for an engine rebuild! ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
lmao , i was thinking the very same thing !..i would be trying to figure out how a fire started in the air cleaner to begin with before i was looking for another one ?!. and same..first time i've heard of it too.

Kbrown328

Equipment
L3600
Jun 2, 2024
Whitney Point, NY
Well it was not my finest hour that’s for sure! I had been cutting with the brush hog and accumulated a lot of grass dust around the radiator and air cleaner! Then we set a pile of brush/cut up trees on fire and after it died down I used the bucket to Push the brush into the middle and a spark from the fire got sucked into the air cleaner and that started the dust on fire! The Air cleaner assembly being rubber started to burn and here I am!

Kbrown328

Equipment
L3600
Jun 2, 2024
Whitney Point, NY
lmao , i was thinking the very same thing !..i would be trying to figure out how a fire started in the air cleaner to begin with before i was looking for another one ?!. and same..first time i've heard of it too.
Oh I know how it started!😁
Yea that's what I'm thinking too. 😱
And if it was, forget the air cleaner canister, he needs to save his money for an engine rebuild! ;)
I got the Fire out right away and the engine still runs!

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Well it was not my finest hour that’s for sure! I had been cutting with the brush hog and accumulated a lot of grass dust around the radiator and air cleaner! Then we set a pile of brush/cut up trees on fire and after it died down I used the bucket to Push the brush into the middle and a spark from the fire got sucked into the air cleaner and that started the dust on fire! The Air cleaner assembly being rubber started to burn and here I am!
dang !!..you need to rush out and buy a lottery ticket !..lol.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I can totally relate, I was cleaning up a burnt slash pile thinking it was pretty much out and when I opened it up it flashed to life again.
Covered the tractor and me in HOT black soot!

PHEW, as bad as that was, it would have been much worse if starting fluid was involved!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The housing is not that much at $140

The whole ball of wax is $450

Last edited:

Kbrown328

Equipment
L3600
Jun 2, 2024
Whitney Point, NY
I can totally relate, I was cleaning up a burnt slash pile thinking it was pretty much out and when I opened it up it flashed to life again.
Covered the tractor and me in HOT black soot!

PHEW, as bad as that was, it would have been much worse if starting fluid was involved!
Absolutely! Could have been a lot worse!

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
I buy the air cleaner housings on Amazon. They have many of the original equipment Donaldson housing.