L3560 Specs Question

MachAF

Jan 29, 2018
Seattle
Never owned a tractor and trying to do my research before purchasing and I'm looking at the specs sheet.

The LA805 loader specs say lift capacity of 1715 and breakout force of 2549, then it says specs taken from L4060.

Same with the BH92 backhoe - specs taken from L6060. Will those still apply to L3560?

Will those specs still apply to L3560? Reason I ask is because the hydraulic flow is less on the L3560.

thanks

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
;) Welcome to the OTT forum. We are glad that you joined.

I take it you are looking at getting the L3560? Doing your research first is the way to go.

How much land are you taking care of?

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I don't think that spec sheet gives the answer. It shows the flow difference for the two tractors, but flow does not translate to force. What you want to compare is pressure. It is the system pressure fed to the cylinders that determines the force developed (assume same diameter piston in the cylinder, which is the case if you are comparing the specs for the same loader on two different tractors).

But in the loader spec (see: https://kubota.ca/getmedia/87f3e907-c4f5-400e-95e0-f7b00047bbaf/L60-CAB-ENG?ext=.pdf) I see what you are getting at. I think the key to answering your question is in second to the last line in the loader spec. It shows a different relief valve pressure between the L3560 and the L4060 of about 70 psi. It is a relatively small difference. A rough order of magnitude of the difference would be a ratio of the two pressures (2560/2630 = 0.97). Which means the cylinder force you can get out of the L3560 is 97% of what you can get out of the L4060. Seems pretty insignificant to me. There may be some multiplier due to leverage attained by the loader design... but , that would be applied to both and still seem pretty insignificant. The LA805 is still going to be better and have more force capability than the LA555.

Now speed is another story. The flow is what determines how fast the cylinder will retract or extend. The flow available for implements on the L3560 HST is 8.1 GPM, and the flow on the L4060 HST is 9.4 GPM. So the L3560 HST has about the same force, but will operate 86% of the speed of the L4060 (8.1 GPM / 9.4 GPM = 0.86). Probably just noticeable, but not that significant.

Last edited:

MachAF

Jan 29, 2018
Seattle
I don't think that spec sheet gives the answer. It shows the flow difference for the two tractors, but flow does not translate to force. What you want to compare is pressure. It is the system pressure fed to the cylinders that determines the force developed (assume same diameter piston in the cylinder, which is the case if you are comparing the specs for the same loader on two different tractors).

But in the loader spec (see: https://kubota.ca/getmedia/87f3e907-c4f5-400e-95e0-f7b00047bbaf/L60-CAB-ENG?ext=.pdf) I see what you are getting at. I think the key to answering your question is in second to the last line in the loader spec. It shows a different relief valve pressure between the L3560 and the L4060 of about 70 psi. It is a relatively small difference. A rough order of magnitude of the difference would be a ratio of the two pressures (2560/2630 = 0.97). Which means the cylinder force you can get out of the L3560 is 97% of what you can get out of the L4060. Seems pretty insignificant to me. There may be some multiplier due to leverage attained by the loader design... but , that would be applied to both and still seem pretty insignificant. The LA805 is still going to be better and have more force capability than the LA555.

Now speed is another story. The flow is what determines how fast the cylinder will retract or extend. The flow available for implements on the L3560 HST is 8.1 GPM, and the flow on the L4060 HST is 9.4 GPM. So the L3560 HST has about the same force, but will operate 86% of the speed of the L4060 (8.1 GPM / 9.4 GPM = 0.86). Probably just noticeable, but not that significant.
Posted wrong link.. Here is the correct one.

http://www.hickoryinternational.com/media/kubota/tractors/L60-comparison-implements.pdf

How do you like your 3560?? Help me convince me to blow some money :)

Last edited:

MachAF

Jan 29, 2018
Seattle
;) Welcome to the OTT forum. We are glad that you joined.

I take it you are looking at getting the L3560? Doing your research first is the way to go.

How much land are you taking care of?
Lot is 5 acres, 2.5 is useable. Other 2.5 was logged in the past and full of branches/stumps/blackberriers. Not sure what my plan is with that it too wet to do much with it. Leave it as is for privacy

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Never owned a tractor and trying to do my research before purchasing and I'm looking at the specs sheet.

The LA805 loader specs say lift capacity of 1715 and breakout force of 2549, then it says specs taken from L4060.

Same with the BH92 backhoe - specs taken from L6060. Will those still apply to L3560?

Will those specs still apply to L3560? Reason I ask is because the hydraulic flow is less on the L3560.

thanks
Hydraulic flow rate (GPM), does not effect strength of a hydraulically powered implement, just the speed at which it moves.
Hydraulic Pressure (PSI) is what will effect an implements strength. ;)

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Posted wrong link.. Here is the correct one.

http://www.hickoryinternational.com/media/kubota/tractors/L60-comparison-implements.pdf

How do you like your 3560?? Help me convince me to blow some money :)
I like mine a lot. I was looking at an MX5200, but they gave me a great price on the L3560 HCTC with the cab. After blowing snow in the open for 28 years, I really wanted that cab. Also, the L3560 with a cab ends up being slightly heavier than the MX5200, and the weight helps with what I wanted to do.

I am really glad I got the LA805 loader though. At 72" wide, it has been real useful and the lift capacity has not been an issue to lift a full bucket load of gravel or dirt.

74" snow blower has not been an issue, but I can see were the L4060 may be nicer with wet snow or reduce to 64" version on the L3560. Like I said I have not had an issue with Horse Power, but I have been blowing pretty cold snow... it seems I will have to slow down a bit if I get into heavy stuff to keep from dropping RPM's.

If you want more that 28 HP at the PTO then go bigger. The issue I had was going to the next size up (L4060) was a big jump in price in the Grand series (also jumps up to the bigger frame size).

Given the same choices, I would do the same thing.

One other consideration is whether you want to do yard work also... such as mowing. This is getting to big for that, and you need to have another solution for that. I got rid of a smaller tractor that was a jack of all trades, but a master of none. Now I bought a dedicated ZT mower, and have a more capable tractor. Again, I would do the same today knowing what I know.

Good luck on you choices. And my situation may not match yours... so what are you planning to use it for?

Pat