l3240

kubotal3240

Nov 2, 2009
knoxville,tn
I have L3240.Wanting a tiller for it. Dealers tell me it will handle a 6ft tiller. This seems large to me,tiller weighs 780 lbs. Anyone using a 6ft on a 26.5 pto hp machine? Thanks

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Just an opinion here :p but, I wouldn't want the maintenance of a 72 inch tiller's tines :( because you are going to hit rocks, hard chert type clays, etc. and until you have ever been walked right up out of your furrow its a surprise you won't forget. :eek: I'm not a 'real' farmer for a living ( most real farmers don't even have time for forums about Tractors) they are so busy this time of year in the northern hemisphere because of the Vernal Equinox ( working toward light in the Spring ) if anything breaks during back seeding it kills your production. At any rate, before this becomes an Ag post, real farmers don't use tillers on large tracks for cash cops anyway, a 60" tiller is plunty, I prefer a 42" because of rocks. OB1 rule of thumb, never have three point hitch tilling machinery wider than your rear drive tires! ;)

kubotal3240

Nov 2, 2009
knoxville,tn
Thanks for the info. I am going to he tractor place wed. and look at both sizes. The more I think about it ,the 6ft will be too heavy and too much tiller on the pto .I wanted the tire tracks tilled out but guess its no big deal again thanks

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Compaction of the tire tracks will be minimal. After you get your tiller, and depending on the soil and which direction you break up the soil, your tire tracks won't matter, you'll see. :)

kubotal3240

Nov 2, 2009
knoxville,tn
Went to the dealer today and bought the 5ft Taylor-Pittsburg. The 6ft was too much tiller for my small tractor. I shifted the stay bars on the tractor to the right as far as they would go. This will just about till out all my track.
This puts the pto drive shaft at about a 25 degree angle. Appears to work fine.Time will tell. Thanks for all the info.