L295DT Clutch. Help!

Antny370

May 16, 2015
Cleveland, Tennessee
I just recently bought a L295DT in excellent shape. It all seemed to work just fine so I bought it. Initially the gears would grind a little while trying to engage them when it was first cranked. I would let it warm for a few minutes and it would be fine. Today I tried to get her going and it is grinding like crazy. When I was finally able to get it to go into gear, the tractor moved even with the clutch fully depressed. Very strange that it just started. I had it running a couple of weeks ago and it did just fine (after warming up). What is the deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Have you checked the clutch free travel adjustment? My L3000 is about 1" of travel at the top of the pedal. I would check about that first and see if it's right or not. If it's like mine it will adjust under the left floor board, linkage should be easy to find.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What Bulldog said!
I'm also sending you a link for the WSM for your tractor.

Antny370

May 16, 2015
Cleveland, Tennessee
Thanks brother for the link! That will come in very handy. I tried to just adjust the linkage rod with no change. I am thinking maybe the clutch is seized to the flywheel. Not sure though.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Not sure if yours is like mine or not. My L3000 has a small cover on the right side of the bell housing that gives access to adjust the clutch disc itself. Before splitting the tractor I would want to know that it wasn't just a simple adjustment problem causing the issues.

If the disc is stuck I would want to try breaking it loose. I know things do break and wear out but due to the expense and labor of installing a new clutch I would want to explore every option first.

Antny370

May 16, 2015
Cleveland, Tennessee
Yes it does have the window and I did open it up, but I couldn't actually see the clutch disc. Maybe I was not looking at it with the right eye? Lol. I'll open it up again and inspect it a little closer.