l2900 hydraulic vent

brianL

Equipment
L2900
Sep 3, 2021
creston, ca
where is the hydraulic vent on an l2900 located? (for some reason, google doesn't help with this...)...i looked under the seat, as i saw a youtube where some fella had one under his, but no vent there...also, any opinions/experience with Bars Leaks hydraulic seal fixer? (yes, i do remember PT Barnum...)...I used the new Kubota synthetic hydraulic fluid in my recent change of fluid (it sure ain't cheap), and that stuff is managing to get out of my 30-yr old seals, here and there, just a bit...any/all input is welcome, as, for the most part, i ain't got much clue...

zuiko

Equipment
L2900
May 29, 2017
Canada
The vent is located on the left side of the differential top cover, which is directly under the seat. There should be a hook shaped rubber hose connected to it as seen below.

IMG_8357.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

brianL

Equipment
L2900
Sep 3, 2021
creston, ca
much obliged....mine had gathered so much crud on and around it that it wasn't easily discernible...it might well have been plugged, so i will do some real cleaning tomorrow and maybe it's a cheap fix for my seals seeping fluid...(a guy's gotta get lucky some o' the time, right?...haha...hope springs eternal)

Reactions: 1 user

BCS

Equipment
L2900, BX1880
Mar 9, 2024
Gate City VA
Just wondering if this took care of your leaks
I have the same issue with my L2900, just changed the hydraulic fluid with the Super UDT2 and seals are leaking now