L2500 After Market Power Steering

Paul2500

Equipment
L2500
Jun 21, 2016
Mandeville, La
I have a 2WD L2500 with an LB402 loader.

My machine is an Armstrong - it does not have power steering or if oit does it has not worked in > 2 years.

I have been reading other websites for a power steering conversion kit. The site www.tractorpowersteering.com looks promising, but I cannot get a reply from them by phone or email.

Can anyone recommend another site which provides reliable after market power steering kits ?

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I recently bought one of these kits.
https://www.ebay.com/p/FD100-Ford-H...ion-Kit-4000-4600/1029318497?iid=231249140849

It's for a larger Ford, but the price is right if you can do your own adaptation.

The hardware is the same stuff as "Tractorpowersteering". It's all made in Turkey.

Nothing special, but they make a lot of them and have been at it for quite a number of years.

I never was able to get a response from them either. One time I called and spoke with a gal who was trying to help. but nothing came of the conversation in the end.

That was to replace the ram in a Long 445.

Paul2500

Equipment
L2500
Jun 21, 2016
Mandeville, La
Thank you twomany.

Did the Turkish supplier have decent instructions in English or did you need to develop everything on your own ?

Paul

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The "instructions" are nothing more than the pictures of the component layout on "some " tractor. You might imagine, the reservoir is placed above the pump, and connected by "the hoses". There are even "warnings" that "some modifications may be required.

NOTE: The kit I linked is for a rather long tractor with a long drag link. The power cylinder takes up some real estate. I have seen shorter ones. But not at that price point.

Spend a couple hours after googling "Tractor power steering" . Be sure to chase through the image links as well.

I got started on fitting this unit to the Fordson, but have been distracted with a recent B7200! ;-)

I'll follow up when the instal is done and working. Just a note, the cylinder fitted to the long was done over 6 years ago and is still going strong. Some kits even come with spare o-rings and seals to tune up the power cylinder. Nice touch.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Paul, a few years back I wanted power steering on a B8200. I went to ebay and found a guy parting out commercial mowing equipment if Florida. Bought a complete unit, cylinder, steering valve, column and steering wheel, hoses for like $225.

Took some fabricating, but not much really. Been working fine for years. I think it was off of a 20 HP mower, but I'm not sure of the brand.

I also added an oil pressure gauge, and a screw on hyd. filter (and got rid of the strainer screen).

Attachments

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I could not imagine having a 2wd tractor with a loader.

I could not imagine having a 2wd tractor with a loader and no power steering. OMG, how have you put up with it? Armstrong is right! Should be some aftermarket kit that would go in line with the steering drag link I would think, there is for a lot of Ford tractors, but I have never looked into Kubota.

Paul2500

Equipment
L2500
Jun 21, 2016
Mandeville, La
Thanks D2Cat and lugbolt.

I have emailed Roland Jackson of Jackson Power Steering. He does not have a kit for L2500 but believes that a kit made for John Deere 750 and 850 grass cutters would work.

Does anyone have experience with Jackson Power Steering conversions ?

Paul