L245DT No 4wd

Oceanis400

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 6, 2010
New Zealand
Anybody have any ideas on why I have no 4wd.The lever on the left moves ok as does the shaft attached to it. I can hear and feel a very slight meshing but definately have no 4wd.......help!! please

PS have only just purchased the tractor so am not sure if it was working previously or not.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Engage the 4wd lever. Raise the front of the tractor. Try to turn the front driveshaft. You should not be able to turn it. If you can, the problem is in the transmission. If you can't, block one of the front wheels and try to turn the other. You should not be able to turn either wheel. Let us know what you find.

Oceanis400

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 6, 2010
New Zealand
Driveshaft is fully enclosed but on lifting the front I can turn the wheels so suspect something in the tranny but not sure where to look next??

WinnieCouple

Equipment
L245DT, razor brush hog, small disc, double bottom plow, 5' Turfline Box Blade.
Aug 1, 2011
Hico, Texas
I know this is an old post, but in my search for info this is what I found and the same thing is happening with my L245DT.
Everything else seems to be working fine. I have the m/1200 FEL and wanted the 4x4 for the heavy front axle for the loaded FEL. It came with a "razor" 4' brush hog, 4' disc, and a double bottom plow that may be WAY to big for the 245....?

So, any ideas on the problem?
I hope I dont find missing shafts and axles as I have not poked around in the front end as of yet.

Its a good running tractor, the hour meter is not working, and says 945 hours, so "who knows"...
I have ordered a new muffler (with the elbow built in) as my exhaust is broken off at the top of the muffler flange. So, its operational now, just loud.

I hope it only has a bent fork or a clip came off or something, but will get it all hooked back up whenever time allows for a tear down. As of now, I'll continue to use her to clear our land and build our house and maybe get a garden started.

Anyway, thanks for any updates and all the info i have already learned from OTT.
=)