L185/L185DT 3pt Lever Grip

wadeprunty

Equipment
Kubota L185DT, TYM T654 Power Shuttle
May 27, 2024
East Texas
www.facebook.com
Hello, I’m a new owner of a 1981 Kubota L185DT. So far I am really enjoying this tractor. I‘m doing a little work to it to get it to where I want it to be, and a part that seems to be missing is the 3pt control lever grip. I’ve gone through the parts diagram on Messick’s website, but it doesn’t even really show a grip on the lever, so I don’t know if there was one on it from the factory. It’s completely usable without it, but not that comfortable to grab hold of.

I was looking at some generic grips in a google search when I remembered that I had an extra grip from when I added a 3rd set of rear remotes to my TYM T654. I took it out to try it and it fits like it was made for it. So, if you’d like to add a grip to your 3pt control lever this works extremely well. I’ll leave the part number below. There’s a TYM dealership down in central Texas, Small Farm Innovations, that can have it shipped to you pretty quickly.

TYM Lever Grip Black
Part# 14322420040

IMG_0043.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There was a rubber grip on the lever but what you have used looks much better. I’ll try to get a picture of it from my tractor.

The grip is in this area on KPAD
IMG_0107.png

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

wadeprunty

Equipment
May 27, 2024
East Texas
www.facebook.com
You know what they say about assuming. ;) :LOL:

If you went straight to Kubota you would have seen that it's listed

Seeing how I’m new to Kubota and didn’t know I could go straight to them I googled it and it kept sending me to Messicks. And that’s why I posted about it here, to share alternatives I found, and see if someone else knew how to find the actual part. But thanks so much for being so helpful and not condescending.

wadeprunty

Equipment
May 27, 2024
East Texas
www.facebook.com
There was a rubber grip on the lever but what you have used looks much better. I’ll try to get a picture of it from my tractor.

The grip is in this area on KPAD
View attachment 129653
Thanks for this. I didn’t know there was a KPAD. Google just kept sending me to Messicks and a couple other 3rd party sites. This will be extremely helpful going forward.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Here is a link to the Kubota website

I believe Messicks used the same thing but added on to it. I know that they have some way to get the price of the part and to order it also. But their shipping is expensive and the dealer will get it in on normal weekly delivery for FREE if you ask them to do it that way. (Assuming you have a decent dealer near you)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Seeing how I’m new to Kubota and didn’t know I could go straight to them I googled it and it kept sending me to Messicks. And that’s why I posted about it here, to share alternatives I found, and see if someone else knew how to find the actual part. But thanks so much for being so helpful and not condescending.
No condescension meant, sorry you took it that way!

Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Here is the OEM handle
IMG_3303.jpeg

Both of the handles have split in the same place so I think that’s the last one I will purchase since they are not a great handle anyway.

wadeprunty

Equipment
May 27, 2024
East Texas
www.facebook.com
Here is the OEM handle
View attachment 130009
Both of the handles have split in the same place so I think that’s the last one I will purchase since they are not a great handle anyway.
It definitely goes with the style of the tractor though. I bet I could print one very similar but make it more comfortable. I’m definitely printing a new post holder for the steering column. Messick’s wants $147.47 for one.