L-185

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
hi folks, can anyone tell me about the L-185 as far as problems, and how is parts availabilty on these older Kubota's. what about purchasing rear fenders? let me know it all and dont hold back fellas, i need a reliable tractor that size that i can get parts for when needed.
also will it handle a King Kutter dirt scoop for moving gravel?....thanks much Mike P

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have an L225DT; an older sibling to the L185. Its reliable as tractors come. I had a broken front diff and found good salvage parts at fare prices, i think. I believe the L185 shares fenders with mine and right now there are some on ebay. These tractors are built proof.

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
I have an L175, the smaller version. I haven't had any problems getting parts for mine from Kubots dealers, I don't know about fenders, though.

One thing I would highly recommend, if the tractor steers easily now; check the gearoil in the steering box, they can be a pain to rebuild once water gets in and rusts the bearings and freezing cracks the box itself.

Also chnage all the fluids and filters if this tractor is new to you.

Robert

DickSnyder

Equipment
L185DT, L1200 FEL, Rear blade
Jul 29, 2011
Mt. Hood Parkdale, Oregon
I have an L185DT, had it about 8 years. No major problems, just a rebuilt radiator. This old girl has done everything I've asked of her, probably more than one should ask. I live 20 miles due north of Mt. Hood, Or., so you can imagine her main job for four months out of most years is snow removal, not any this season, but weatherman says that's gonna change this weekend. Mine has FEL, ROPS, rear blade, pallet forks and I cut about 3 1/2 acres with a Woods 48" bush hog.

Parts availability is great, not that I've bought that many, have a dealer 13 miles down the road.

Manuals are a must!

Treat it right with care and regular maintenance and it should do you proud.

Dick

Last edited: