Kx final drive inspection plate removal

Dieskyver

Equipment
KX 161-3 ss
Dec 22, 2011
Birmingham AL USA
Hello all
I am working on a 121-3ss for a friend of the family. It has a locked up final drive. I took the whole assembly off and I'm having trouble taking the plate off the front(where the three drain plugs are). I called Kubota and order a service manual but it won't be in for a week. I talked to a service guy and he said there are drive pins "around the perimeter" and I need to drive them into the plate.
Well, I can't find them anywhere on the round side surface or the plate itself. And the parts diagram i have is no help either. Does anyone have any experience with this and can "throw me a bone" or confirm the service mans info?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Not too many of us on here own the Kubota excavators, only a small handful of members do. Maybe someone will come along with some info, chances are you might have the books before help is found on here.

Dieskyver

Equipment
KX 161-3 ss
Dec 22, 2011
Birmingham AL USA
Thanks for the quick response.

I knew there was a small number of mini ex owners here and it was primarily tractor owners but I thought I would fly my orange flag, too. Ill probably end up calling the service dept back and verify his instruction. I just hate bothering folks like that. He did seems nice enough tho. I we need this machine running.
When I do get an answer, ill be sure to post a reference for the "elite" group that may find the information valuable. =)

Thanks again.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
It's been suggested to add a excavator section to the forum to cover all basis of Kubota's. But the owners of this site own and operate a dealership in Alberta Canada. They do not sell any of the excavators in the Kubota line and have no knowledge or techenical experiance to lend when it comes to excavators.

Dieskyver

Equipment
KX 161-3 ss
Dec 22, 2011
Birmingham AL USA
I'm not trying to high jack anybodies forum/site, just share info. Kubota are typically good machines regardless of product line.

Any way, I did find an answer. There is a wire running between the "thrust plate" and the case itself. You access it threw the drain plugs and pull it out. Hope this helps.