Kubota's for Work or Play?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I thought this might be a fun change of pace. Wanted to see who uses their Kubota's for work and who use their's for play. When I say Work I mean those of us who use the tractor in a business such as landscaping or farming that earn a profit from the tractor. And by Play I mean those of you who perhaps hobby farm or use their Kubota around small acreage to help with chores around the house. Me personally I used mine in a landscape business part time and any chance I can find a reason to hope on it and go do something I will.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Eric. Like you my Kubota does double duty. My son and son in law use it for landscaping and I use it for snow removal. But I also use it for everything else around the house. Summer yard stuff like Garden gnomes and butterflies and all that garden crap goes into a 4 x 4 box and gets put up on a shelf in the leantoo. I can't lift much the wife can't lift much so the loader alows us to do a lot more around the yard.:D:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey Eric,
Mine is really personal use repairing the dirt roads after rains and snow. Gets used quite abit on my 2 1/2 acres (I want more though!)

I have a really good neighbor that I do lots of tractor work on there property as well. Repayment is normally dinner and endless supply of beer :D

Unfortunately I am not the entrpreneur type like you other guys. I really wish I was though as there is money to be made with a tractor :(

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Thats pretty cool fellas. I'm dieing to hear from Wildfire and see what his showroom quality museum tractor is, a play toy in the snow box {cant say its a sand box because no ones seen dirt on it} or a work tool. LMAO!!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Thats pretty cool fellas. I'm dieing to hear from Wildfire and see what his showroom quality museum tractor is, a play toy in the snow box {cant say its a sand box because no ones seen dirt on it} or a work tool. LMAO!!
Eric, I was thinking the same thing. His tractor is so bad A$$ it reminds me of a guy walking into a party with the hotest looking girlfriend. Everybodies jealous and wants to ride it :eek:

Scott

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
First, I agree that Wildfire has one of the coolest tractors I've seen. They're cool out of the box, but he's done his up very nicely.

But as to the topic at hand, really a BX1850 is a squirt compared to a "real" work-sized tractor, and we are doing the hobby farm/home maintenance/wife-inspired landscaping thing. So, we're mostly in the "play" category; however that may adjust slightly in the spring as my buddies from church found out I have a real rototiller and we might be "horse-trading" for garden tillage . . .

I'm not sure I would even want to have to use my BX professionally. I used to love working on cars. Then I became a mechanic. After a few years it's just not the same anymore, and I like playing in the dirt for fun. I've never had a toy like a dirt bike, quad or sled, so my BX is my toy.

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
First, I agree that Wildfire has one of the coolest tractors I've seen. They're cool out of the box, but he's done his up very nicely.

But as to the topic at hand, really a BX1850 is a squirt compared to a "real" work-sized tractor, and we are doing the hobby farm/home maintenance/wife-inspired landscaping thing. So, we're mostly in the "play" category; however that may adjust slightly in the spring as my buddies from church found out I have a real rototiller and we might be "horse-trading" for garden tillage . . .

I'm not sure I would even want to have to use my BX professionally. I used to love working on cars. Then I became a mechanic. After a few years it's just not the same anymore, and I like playing in the dirt for fun. I've never had a toy like a dirt bike, quad or sled, so my BX is my toy.
I think I am going to be in the same boat as you gmtinker. It's looking like my BX and I will be putting in a few gardens this year. My wife and I are also talking about seeing if we can get a couple gardens going for the church. The only thing I like more than moving snow, is moving dirt!!! :D

Hefty2000

Equipment
ZL2201-A
Jan 31, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Play!!! If I could figure out a good living here (as good as I make now) and not dry up workin in summertime 115 F heat... I think I would turn it into work.

I am new to playin' and can't get enough of it.

Tailrotor

Equipment
KUBOTA L45 AND BX2230
Feb 13, 2010
PA
Mine is used for work and play also. I have a small landscape business on the side and also use at home when ever I have time. Any reason to get seat time in the L45 is well worth the extra work.

Now this is one Real and Sexy Tractor

Attachments

smokinhart

Equipment
b6000E,B6100DT, King Cutter RM48, Front end Loader, Rear Blade,Gravel Reclaimer
Oct 21, 2009
Manhattan, Kansas
I think I prefer to use it as a wheel barrow with a soft seat and a motor more than anything. My back says anything that has two handles and only one wheel is a safety concern.

Using the Kubota to do my work/play allows me to be able to play while I work!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Mine is used for work and play also. I have a small landscape business on the side and also use at home when ever I have time. Any reason to get seat time in the L45 is well worth the extra work.

Now this is one Real and Sexy Tractor
Damn right that's sexy :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm just playing around trying to figure things out. I think I've got it now thanks to my boy Traildust for this skills on how to operate this damn website!
Lets see if I can now upload pics like the rest of yall!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I'm just playing around trying to figure things out. I think I've got it now thanks to my boy Traildust for this skills on how to operate this damn website!
Lets see if I can now upload pics like the rest of yall!
Now here's a tractor driver I'm proud to call a friend!

The pic's came across great Eric, helluva job!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
GOOD GAWD! Thats not what I had in mind as to posting pictures on the forum. Those are damn near life size LMAO! I'll sharpen my skills a little better, in the mean time Traildust told me how to do that so its all HIS FAULT!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
GOOD GAWD! Thats not what I had in mind as to posting pictures on the forum. Those are damn near life size LMAO! I'll sharpen my skills a little better, in the mean time Traildust told me how to do that so its all HIS FAULT!
Relax, they are fine.

But there's a PM to you if you want to change back to thumbnails.

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah well when I went back and looked at the pics it scared the hell out of me to see them that big. I felt over out of my recliner when I saw me bigger then me!