Kubota RTV900

Larry B

Equipment
kubota M62 tractor
Jun 2, 2023
Taft California
I have a Kubota RTV900 that stay running after I turn the key off and once I turn it off at the engine it starts right back up, I was just wandering before I dig into it if anyone has any suggestions, its going to be a couple days before I can get into it Thanks

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
There is a run/shut-dn fuel shut-off solenoid which performs this duty. The solenoid on MY 2014 RTV-X900 shuts off the fuel when the key is turned off…..and about ten seconds afterwards….you can hear a “click” which is when the solenoid relaxes back to the fuel “ON” position.

So…sounds like you need to confirm power is being directed to your solenoid when the ”ignition” switch is turned OFF…. and if-so…then see if the small actuator which closes the fuel valve is working or not.

There is a 15A fuse (in position 15) that is the shut-dn timer. There is a 5A fuse (ironically, in position 5) that is also a key-stop timer. So check fuses, of course. (and just to make things more-interesting….the RTV uses a “Micro-Mini” type of fuse….smaller than what is commonly found in autos these days.
IMG_2006.png

Last edited:

Larry B

Equipment
kubota M62 tractor
Jun 2, 2023
Taft California
You were correct about it being the fuel solenoid. I swapped it out and it starts right up and turns right off when I switch the key off, once again Thank You very much and have a great day