Kubota L3901 and Quick Hitch

SmokeyBear20252

Equipment
Kubota L3901 HST 4WD
Aug 29, 2012
Hildebran, NC
Last week, I upgraded from a B7610 to an L3901, a significantly bigger machine with bigger implements. I could man handle the old ones most of the time but that's obviously not going to happen with the newer, heavier implements, especially since I work alone most of the time. So, I was considering a quick hitch. But I have a couple of questions and concerns. First, will the quick hitch work on the L3901 with the telescoping stabilizers? Secondly, before I cut the drive line on my new Titan 1505 rotary cutter, will installing the quick hitch affect the amount I need to trim? If I've measured correctly, I'm looking at having to cut 3" off the drive line as it is now. I'm guessing the quick hitch would add another 4" to the distance between the PTO spline on the tractor and the implement would be farther away. So I may not need to cut anything off the drive line. Am I thinking correctly or am I leaving something out of the equation?

Last edited:

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Before you go to the quick hitch check the space that it has between hooks. Then check your attachments. Not all attachments fit every quick hitch you might get.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I bought a SpeeCo E-Hitch Cat 1 Quick Hitch from a local farm supply store. The one thing I like about it over the others, you don't have to use adapters on the attachment pins. You will want to watch the top of the quick hitch and your fender lights. Make sure that you have the top link in the right holes on the tractor side of the top link to keep the quick hitch from hitting. I have been very happy with the SpeeCo E-Hitch.

SmokeyBear20252

Equipment
Kubota L3901 HST 4WD
Aug 29, 2012
Hildebran, NC
I bought a SpeeCo E-Hitch Cat 1 Quick Hitch from a local farm supply store. The one thing I like about it over the others, you don't have to use adapters on the attachment pins. You will want to watch the top of the quick hitch and your fender lights. Make sure that you have the top link in the right holes on the tractor side of the top link to keep the quick hitch from hitting. I have been very happy with the SpeeCo E-Hitch.
Thanks very much for the reply and tip! I've looked at several brands and although there are some cheaper, I've been impressed with the Speeco E-Hitch. I currently have my top link in the bottom hole at the tractor so hopefully that won't be an issue. .

SmokeyBear20252

Equipment
Kubota L3901 HST 4WD
Aug 29, 2012
Hildebran, NC
Before you go to the quick hitch check the space that it has between hooks. Then check your attachments. Not all attachments fit every quick hitch you might get.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going home in a few minutes to get the measurements. Hopefully, I can use this with both the cutter and box blade.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks very much for the reply and tip! I've looked at several brands and although there are some cheaper, I've been impressed with the Speeco E-Hitch. I currently have my top link in the bottom hole at the tractor so hopefully that won't be an issue. .
Hopefully someone will respond that actually knows, but I think that putting the top link in tne lowest hole allows the hitch to rise up the highest. You should be able to stand by the hitch and reach the lever so you can see just how close to the lights it is getting.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
You need to have your top link in the top hole on the tractor or it will break out your tail lights. As far as the attachments not matching the hitch they can be changed so they fit. I will check mine tomorrow and let you know for sure

Last edited:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I have mine in the top holes, this makes it possible to get the right angles for using the box blade, but keeps the top of the quick hitch from hitting the fender lights. In the picture below I have the top link set for the box blade to be level when down, when I shorten the top link to make the blade dig, it does get very close to the lights. So far I haven't had any troubles, but I try to check it each time I change the top link length.

Attachments