Kubota L175 need to replace fan belt but not sure if you pull crank pulley to do it " no space it looks like for belt"

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
Welcome to the forum! I’m not familiar with that tractor but never heard of having to pull a crank pulley to remove and replace a belt. Normally I just loosen this alternator bolt on the guide and take the tension off the belt. Then take it off all the pulleys, and fish it around the radiator fan. Same to reinstall. Fish around the radiator fan, route it back on all the pulleys, then tension the belt by moving the alternator out and tighten that bolt.

take a pic of how it is routed before you remove it.
The other answer is to find a service manual and it should have instructions.
Good luck! 🤠

C88F35A9-34C4-4861-BCA7-F2032A763605.jpeg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ditto to what CiscoRanger said!
You do not pull the pulley to change a belt.
You just fish the belt around everything.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
What would you have to do if it happened to have a front mounted hydraulic pump or PTO.?

I do know that on my similar L185 (without any front mounting devices) it is a bit tight under the pulley to get the belt on but totally able to get the belt on.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
What would you have to do if it happened to have a front mounted hydraulic pump or PTO.?

I do know that on my similar L185 (without any front mounting devices) it is a bit tight under the pulley to get the belt on but totally able to get the belt on.
With a front pump, take out the 2 pump bolts and slide it forward, out of the coupling, and fish the belt out.

moondoggyny

Equipment
kubota L175
Apr 13, 2023
Glenville ny
thanks guys! It looks like you have the l175 tractor and you say you have just taken the belt off after loosening the alternator belt.I even took out one bolt slid cover down belt original very tight to get off almost imposible so I stopped. Have original manual does"nt direct you how to replace belt.Understand how it routes but the crank pulley looks like not enough space under it for a piece off paper. So much for just general maintenance they make a simple thing into a nightmare.

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
thanks guys! It looks like you have the l175 tractor and you say you have just taken the belt off after loosening the alternator belt.I even took out one bolt slid cover down belt original very tight to get off almost imposible so I stopped. Have original manual does"nt direct you how to replace belt.Understand how it routes but the crank pulley looks like not enough space under it for a piece off paper. So much for just general maintenance they make a simple thing into a nightmare.
I dont have an L175, no. Thats just a picture from the internet I used to show the slide bracket on the back of the alternator that loosens or tensions the belt. loosen that bolt, push (rotate the alternator toward the engine to take tension off the belt. Then it will come off the pulleys.

If there is no room underneath the crank pulley to get the belt out, it might be a good idea to take a pic of it with your phone and post here.

moondoggyny

Equipment
kubota L175
Apr 13, 2023
Glenville ny
When I replaced the belt on my L175 I cut the old one off. That way I only had to snake the new one in.
Thanks for the reply In Utopia I just got home from work seeing this.Now that I see you own a L175 and its just a matter of man handling a little to get it done I will proceed . What I have also learned is do not buy oem replacement go to a Napa Parts Store and buy a little bigger belt so you wont have curse to get it back on the alternator also. Once again thanks for all the info you gentlemen supplied!

moondoggyny

Equipment
kubota L175
Apr 13, 2023
Glenville ny
I dont have an L175, no. Thats just a picture from the internet I used to show the slide bracket on the back of the alternator that loosens or tensions the belt. loosen that bolt, push (rotate the alternator toward the engine to take tension off the belt. Then it will come off the pulleys.

If there is no room underneath the crank pulley to get the belt out, it might be a good idea to take a pic of it with your phone and post here.
Thanks for the help.Sometimes it's just better to ask a few people before you test the waters yourself and find out you just created a bigger mess than your prepared for. Thanks once again.

Reactions: 1 users