Kubota L1500

bear45

Equipment
L1500
Jul 26, 2009
Mississippi
Hello all,

New here and also a fairly new owner of a Kubota L1500. There is alot of great information here and I am glad that I found this place. I must admit that I did not research this tractor before I bought it. I knew that it was a Japanese tractor when I bought it but did not know about gray market tractors and Kubota's lawsuits and such. I bought it from my neighbor for a good price and very happy with the tractor.

I have a few questions about servicing the tractor.

1. I changed the oil, but when I went to the NAPA store their manual did not list an oil filter for the L1500. I had been told that this was the same as the L175, which their manual did list. So I got the oil filter # 1034 and it looks exactly the same size and fit fine. I put that filter on my tractor, but this site lists the oil filter from NAPA for the L1500 as # 1342.

2. I changed the fuel filter and air filter as well but they were cross referenced the same as this site lists them.

3. I would like to change the transmission/hydraulic fluid, can anyone tell me what fluid to use and how much? Also what screens and or filters should be cleaned or replaced when doing this?

Thanks!

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
I actually prefer the larger oil filter, this is just my opinion that the larger filter has more filtering because it can have more filter media in it and the check valve can be a little bit stronger.

I cannot prove these statements but a larger filter will also hold more oil even through it is only slightly larger it might be better for cooling the oil if only by a little bit.

M L1801 also can use either filter and I always get the larger filter from NAPA.

I cannot prove anything in my statement but it is what I am more comfortable doing when I replace filters. I also use 15W40 for oil and a good quality oil for the region that I live in plus it does not get that cold here so that is what I do.