Kubota B670 Backhoe hose rubbing against back wheel

KubotaBoy56

Equipment
Kubota B7100 with B219 loader and B670 Backhoe
Jan 16, 2022
Washington State
Hey guys so my B670 backhoe on my B7100 there’s a big house that’s rubbing against the wheel and a huge hole is about to bust in the hose it doesn’t look like a hydraulic hose but I could be wrong. What do I do??? Also could someone send me a picture of there B670 Backhoe cause I forgot to take a picture of the backhoe to show

THANK YOU

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Maybe secure it out of harms way with some zip ties until a permanent repair can be made.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
If I see your pic correctly, that is the low pressure suction hose from the bottom of the tank to the suction side of the pump. I assume it is hitting the wheel (tire?) just off the edge of the pic.

Good things working in your favor:
no high pressure
relatively cheap to fix

Things working against you:
in order to fix/change hose, you will have to drain the tank/loss of fluid
tight quarters to work in
might have to pull the hoe off to have room to work

You can just change to hose, hopefully with a shorter piece that won't reach the wheel.
You cut the hose at the damaged portion, and splice it back together with a double ended hose barb & clamps.
You could also use two 90 degree hose barbs to allow a tighter, closer to the pump "U" bend, getting it further from the wheel.

These pics show a 90 degree elbow in that line, (ignore the arrows) and another type of hose (Tygon with nylon mesh) that bends tighter/easier than conventional hydraulic hose

backhoe6.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Would zip tieing the hose be a cheaper temporary fix? Then replace the hose when I can offered it!
I suppose so. You might also want to wrap some electrical tape around the hose where it was hitting the tire, just to add some additional protection from sucking air, worst case.

In the short term you should be fine I would expect.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I suppose so. You might also want to wrap some electrical tape around the hose where it was hitting the tire, just to add some additional protection from sucking air, worst case.

In the short term you should be fine I would expect.
Agreed!
Maybe even put a blob of RTV over the damage before wrapping, in case there is a tiny suction leak.

Reactions: 1 users