JD to SSQA adapter?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Asking for a friend. He has a JD compact tractor and wants to buy my neighbors grapple that's SSQA.
Anyone have a recommendation for a brand?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

There are probably more than those. I have none as I have no need, so no direct experience. The above are just examples.

Speaking of Google, “John Deere quick attach to SSQA adapter” brings up quite a few results which are on point.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
He probably doesn't want to spend orange money. Lol. Seriously though- Kubota makes a JD to SSQA plate? My Google fu fails me there.
Not that I am aware of…I was being a wise acre since I have owned 3 kubotas and all 3 can pick up an SSQA grapple. 😂

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

There are probably more than those. I have none as I have no need, so no direct experience. The above are just examples.

Speaking of Google, “John Deere quick attach to SSQA adapter” brings up quite a few results which are on point.
It was the "Kubota" SSQA for JD I could not find. I didn't get the sarcasm.
I know many come up on the Google. It's recommendations I was looking for. Real world experience from those that may have one. Homestead has a good reputation so that is one I'll have him look at.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
YIKES... as that adapter is $1000+- I looked at the LA340s for my BX23S
got this on the screen
check the prices !!
$1500 > $3000 > $4500 !!
kinda wonder why as the loader 'frame' should be the same ??

No code has to be inserted here.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
N
It was the "Kubota" SSQA for JD I could not find. I didn't get the sarcasm.
I know many come up on the Google. It's recommendations I was looking for. Real world experience from those that may have one. Homestead has a good reputation so that is one I'll have him look at.
No sarcasm intended. I could be wrong but I don’t believe Kubota/Landpride has a conversion plate in their lineup.

I do agree if I was looking for one I would try to avoid palletforks.com solely based on reputation rather than direct experience. Homestead does have a good reputation. For a second option, the Good Works Tractor model may be worth a look. Regardless, I suspect you and your friend will be looking at some sort of aftermarket type supplier to source this unless you/he want to fabricate something custom.

The JD system, IMO, is a good system. It just creates problems sharing implements across multiple machines if not all JD. My brother and I have a similar issue with being able to share 3 point implements between my Kubota and his two JD’s but can’t share loader mounted implements. We recently ran across that as we were discussing potentially sharing the cost of a LaneShark type thing, as we already do with some seldom used, but necessary, 3 point implements, and realized one of us would have the added cost of a converter plate. As we looked into the cost of converter plates we quickly saw, regardless whether you convert SSQA to JD or JD to SSQA, it both cuts into your loader capacity and the converter plates are much more costly than we expected. For now, we’re leaning more toward buying one unit and trailering it and the tractor it fits on between properties once a year or so.

Hopefully someone here has one and can provide the real world hands on experience you’re looking for.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Ooof! That's nuts! Even at $800 , an adapter puts my friend in "just buy a new one" territory.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
N

No sarcasm intended. I could be wrong but I don’t believe Kubota/Landpride has a conversion plate in their lineup.

I do agree if I was looking for one I would try to avoid palletforks.com solely based on reputation rather than direct experience. Homestead does have a good reputation. For a second option, the Good Works Tractor model may be worth a look. Regardless, I suspect you and your friend will be looking at some sort of aftermarket type supplier to source this unless you/he want to fabricate something custom.

The JD system, IMO, is a good system. It just creates problems sharing implements across multiple machines if not all JD. My brother and I have a similar issue with being able to share 3 point implements between my Kubota and his two JD’s but can’t share loader mounted implements. We recently ran across that as we were discussing potentially sharing the cost of a LaneShark type thing, as we already do with some seldom used, but necessary, 3 point implements, and realized one of us would have the added cost of a converter plate. As we looked into the cost of converter plates we quickly saw, regardless whether you convert SSQA to JD or JD to SSQA, it both cuts into your loader capacity and the converter plates are much more costly than we expected. For now, we’re leaning more toward buying one unit and trailering it and the tractor it fits on between properties once a year or so.

Hopefully someone here has one and can provide the real world hands on experience you’re looking for.
I'll point him at Good Works as well. Thank you!
You are correct on the added weight. That, plus the the added cost (on top of the grapple) almost make it not worth it for him. Unless he can find a used adapter, maybe.

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
I have the Deere to SSQA from Deere and it works good. I leave it on my pallet forks that I bought with SSQA as I have a 2032R and a 632 Bobcat and can use on either one which live 40 miles apart. It does move the attachment out a couple of inches which has not been an issue for me. I have seen other brands for less but think I would buy the Deere one again. It functions very similar to the Bobcat Bobtach system.