ISO Dethatcher for the BX

rkuszmar

Equipment
BX2370 with FEL and MMM.
Mar 1, 2017
Middleton, MA
Hey guys,

I am looking for a dethatcher for my bx2370. I don't want something made for a lawn tractor but I have had little luck finding options for the 3 point hitch. I am looking to use it as a dethatcher but also hoping it will work for general cleaning and maintenance. I found this from CMP attachments but I am curious what else you guys may have found or are using.

https://www.cmpattachments.com/CMP_3_Point_Dethatcher_p/cmp-3pd.htm

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Not sure how handy you may be but...
That $300.00 unit has less than $50.00 worth of small baler pick-up tines on it doing the work. Add another $30.00-50.00 worth of steel and hardware and you are all set. If you have a quick hitch for your three point with a 2" receiver, I would tie into it.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
If you might have a use for it at a later date, you can get a quality landscape rake and use it turned around backwards to lightly lift the thatched lawn, and you have a nice rake for heavy clean up too

Last edited:

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I have had the 60" CMP for many years and have used it for just about everything. De-thatching, raking up small stick after a wind storm or cutting down a tree, raking up pine straw. Leveling off fresh dirt in preparation of a seed bed. I even use it to rake my crushed rock driveway if I can catch it right after a rain when the top has softened up a little. It has preform flawlessly without any issues. It's a quality product.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you want to make something, here's one that works. This was originally the pickup reel from a baler. I recently replaced all the teeth, 36 each @ $3 each. You can use any 1 1/2" angle you have laying around, and flat stock to make the 3 point hitch.

If you make one get the double springs that bolt to a flat surface. If you get the ones that go over tubing, when one fails you have to remove the others to get to the bad one.

Attachments

rkuszmar

Equipment
BX2370 with FEL and MMM.
Mar 1, 2017
Middleton, MA
Thanks for all the ideas. I do not own a welder although it is on the list. I have a buddy who is going to teach me the basics. This may be just the project to learn on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Want to learn about welding and various tools?
Youtube has chuck e 2009.
He started from scratch. Reviews various equipment. Brace yourself,he has 1000 videos. He did a couple reviews a portable 110 volt welder im growing interested in.

Once you learn about welding, possibilities will be endless and you will wonder why you didnt start sooner.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Want to learn about welding and various tools?
Youtube has chuck e 2009.
He started from scratch. Reviews various equipment. Brace yourself,he has 1000 videos. He did a couple reviews a portable 110 volt welder im growing interested in.

Once you learn about welding, possibilities will be endless and you will wonder why you didnt start sooner.
I've been watching a lot of his videos too. I'm glad I didn't buy a mahindra after seeing his repair/review video.

rkuszmar

Equipment
BX2370 with FEL and MMM.
Mar 1, 2017
Middleton, MA
Thanks kurtee, that thing looks cool but too rich for my blood. I really appreciate everyone's input.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Itsals1

Feb 7, 2015
Eau Claire,WI,USA
I have a jrco on my Scag Turf Tiger, works awesome!! I've had it for 12 years never replaced anything on it yet! When I bought the mower new I found a 1 month old clam shell bagger ( works awesome). My wife decided that she wanted to rake the entire lawn spring of 2005. We have 2+ acres of lawn. I told her no way. Needless to say she won out,but so did I. About $500.00 if I remember correctly. They are front mount which allows you to detach and mow at the same time.
Good luck
Travis