Inherited G6200 Lawn Tractor--Need Maintenance Advice

boxer156

Equipment
G6200
Jun 3, 2024
PA
Hello!

Brand new to forum, and need some help with the G6200 machine I just inherited in a home sale. Unit is in great shape, and has about 900hrs on it. Ran it yesterday cutting grass--and not only does it cut awesome--it is even faster/better than my zero turn!! I'm huge on maintenance, but just have 'basic' engine skills. What all do I need to service--since I have no idea when the previous Owner did everything? Obv going to do oil and filter--but what else?

Any advice for these machines is greatly appreciated!!!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
random thoughts....
1.get owner's manual for it
2. do ALL servicing( filters,oil, etc.) based on hours
3) grease any Zerks you can find
4) buy spare deck belt, a mower blades
5) check tire air pressures !

boxer156

Equipment
G6200
Jun 3, 2024
PA
random thoughts....
1.get owner's manual for it
2. do ALL servicing( filters,oil, etc.) based on hours
3) grease any Zerks you can find
4) buy spare deck belt, a mower blades
5) check tire air pressures !
yep, they actually had (and gave me) the Owners Manual. So, in terms of oil--obviously engine oil, fuel filter--but what about hydraulics? That is kinda not my comfort zone, but I can learn if it absouletly needs done.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would run it low BUT NOT OUT on diesel and then mix some biocide with the fresh fuel to treat the tank for any biological issues that might be present.

Then after a tank or two of treated diesel have been used, replace ALL fuel filters. Some tractors have more than one.

You can look at these sites for illustrated parts lists that will help you learn about your tractor and mower.

You can buy a Work Shop Manual (WSM) for it and you should be able to fix just about anything on it.

Reactions: 1 user