Hydraulic Pump Replacing

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Maybe? Both were replaced in March 209 with NGKs.
Seems they should have lasted longer than that.
The ones from Reliable fixed the hard start problem.

On to the pump.
2009?
Then you got a lot more life out of them than you should have.
Those older engines are hard on glow plugs.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Got some time to look at the hydraulic pump issue. Popped out the screen it wasn't very bad I had a few little bits here and there.
20240330_133958.jpg

Has new oil now. Filled the pump with oil put it back on. Nothing. Cracked the high pressure line at the entrance
to the rear of the tractor, fluid squirted out. Tightened it back up, and now everything is working fine.
Not sure what happened my only thought is somehow it got air in the line we were on a fairly
steep incline both to the right and facing downhill, but with almost 6 gallons of fluid
I find it hard to fathom the fact that it somehow got air in it but I can't think of any other reason why it stopped working.
If anyone has any special techniques on how to get the lower left nut back on the pump I'm all ears
because I've been struggling with that literally for hours and cannot get it on with my fat fingers.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Got some time to look at the hydraulic pump issue. Popped out the screen it wasn't very bad I had a few little bits here and there.
View attachment 125319
Has new oil now. Filled the pump with oil put it back on. Nothing. Cracked the high pressure line at the entrance
to the rear of the tractor, fluid squirted out. Tightened it back up, and now everything is working fine.
Not sure what happened my only thought is somehow it got air in the line we were on a fairly
steep incline both to the right and facing downhill, but with almost 6 gallons of fluid
I find it hard to fathom the fact that it somehow got air in it but I can't think of any other reason why it stopped working.
If anyone has any special techniques on how to get the lower left nut back on the pump I'm all ears
because I've been struggling with that literally for hours and cannot get it on with my fat fingers.
I use off set wrenches.
And FYI that filter screen is clogged BAD, because what you don't see is the interior screen that is completely plugged.
I would be cleaning the snot out of it or just replacing it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Am I missing something, there is only that screen nothing on the inside except about a 3/4 in void, it's basically hollow?
Your's might have only the one screen, most screens that I've worked with has a course screen on the outside then a much finer screen under that one.
And when the filters look like that on the outside they are plugged up on the inside screen.

Apologies if it a single screen, or if when you cleaned it you could see light through it.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Your's might have only the one screen, most screens that I've worked with has a course screen on the outside then a much finer screen under that one.
And when the filters look like that on the outside they are plugged up on the inside screen.

Apologies if it a single screen, or if when you cleaned it you could see light through it.

Yeah this one is always just been a single screen, it cleaned up really good. The photos I see online for my particular engine also show what looks to be a single screen filter.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Since the pump was hot, I would check for a flow restriction from somewhere else in the system.