hydraulic line readjustement question - L2501

patenaud

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Apr 22, 2021
Ottawa
Hi.

I purchased a skid plate for the hydraulic valve on my new L2501 . The line going to the rear of the tractor dips down below the filter canister. I need to move it up to clear the new skid plate. I've attached a picture to show how the line is at the moment. I've been told that I can slightly loosen the nut, rotate the line up and re-tighten. I was thinking I would mark the nut and make sure I bring it back to its original position.

Is there a specific torque for that nut or is it just tighten and then 1/4 turn (type of thing)?
Assuming I only back it off enough to wiggle the line up do I need to worry about anything? I.E. Will this have any effect on the seal due to backing off and re-tightening?

I know nothing of hydraulics and want to make sure I don't cause the issue I'm trying to avoid by putting on a skid plate in the first place.

IMG_5652.jpg
;-)

Thank you.

Denis

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
With tractor off, wiggle joystick all around to relieve any pressure. Loosen fitting, put hose where wanted, tighten. Don't go Hercules on the fitting, they will break.

Reactions: 2 users