Hydraulic angle landscape rake

FlatlandTransplant

Equipment
B8200 with SSQA converted loader and a X300 yard tamer
Feb 18, 2017
King George, va.
After adding the summit hydraulics electric remote kit to my B8200 I decided I should make use of the extra rear remotes I now have. So I decided to add hydraulic angle to my landscape rake!

I did some drawing and math and ordered an 2"x8" cylinder from Magister hydraulics along with some hoses. I cut up an old trailer hitch from a yard sale for the steel and made what you see below. I have not tried it yet, and will paint it after that but I am pretty happy with how it has turned out so far!

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Looks good. I like their cylinders I made a side link from one and it's held up very well for the last couple of years.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
This is how I did mine... If I did it over again I would use a 1.5" instead of as a 2" cylinder. For 2 reasons the smaller cylinder would be plenty strong enough the other is you would get at least 1/2" more travel when retracted

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Looks good!

I love a good mod.

Why is the aft attachment bolt/bushing so tall? Is that by design?

FlatlandTransplant

Equipment
Feb 18, 2017
King George, va.
Looks good!

I love a good mod.

Why is the aft attachment bolt/bushing so tall? Is that by design?
That is just a 1" bolt that I happened to have and used the spacer so I could clamp that weldment together as I welded it in place. Going to buy a properly sized bolt on the next trip to the store.

Reactions: 1 users

FlatlandTransplant

Equipment
Feb 18, 2017
King George, va.
Have her a trial run today and it seems to work good! Going to put a restrictor in one of the lines though because at mid throttle or above it is far too fast.

Still need to get a proper size bolt and do some painting, but it is alive!

Also thinking this would be a great time to add a kick stand to this thing so I don't have to find a proper size block of wood or brick each time I take it off.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user