How to remove HST forward/reverse pedal on Kubota B2100

Slevenjr

Equipment
Kubota B2100
Jul 24, 2021
Wesson, MS
Hello Friends,

I have a Kubota B2100 HST 4WD. Started having a hydraulic leak out of the bottom. Making use of the ‘belly mower’ out of question.

I have been using it sporadically for box blading, landscape rake for clean-up. Have had a pan ‘tie wrapped’ under it to keep it from leaking on concrete apron.

While parked and between uses, just a constant leak until hydro fluid has leaked out. Takes almost two gallons to show on dipstick in order to use it again. At, a cost of over $20 a gallon, finally decided to wade in over my head.

With the exception of hydraulic lines, drive shaft, I have removed every rod connecting the HST transmission to the front frame/tractor motor. Last connecting rod is the rod connecting the forward/reverse pedal through the frame to linkage on transmission.

can you provide any insight on how to remove it? Went out tonight with flashlight and finally saw the end of the rod where it goes through the linkage tied to transmission… appears to have a couple of ‘ears’ sticking out of the rod that prevents it from passing through link.

I have taken photos of practically every disassembled piece… this old 67, and in a week, 68… we will just say it gets harder to remember much past 4-5 bolts back.

Sorry for the book, but any suggestions appreciated!

Take Care and thank you in advance for any input…

arto98607

Equipment
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, JD 440 ICD, JD 300
Aug 24, 2014
Southwest WA State
Can't help you with the go-pedal on this particular model but here is my 2 cents worth:

1. Get a WSM for that model, you will need it and it will be worth it's price if you do repairs like this.
2. If not already done so, completely de-grease & clean up the outside of HST and any other areas where it could have leaked from.
3. Determine where exactly it's been leaking from before proceeding any further!

Been there done that, but with a different Kubota model.

Cheers

Thinking.jpg

Mechanic.jpg

Slevenjr

Equipment
Kubota B2100
Jul 24, 2021
Wesson, MS
Great advice Mr Arto. The entire rear end, including the HST have been thoroughly cleaned.

initially I thought the leak was near the bottom… however after completely drying everything off in order to ‘trace the trail of a leaking drop’, it was leaking further up. I took a dry paper towel and ‘stuffed higher on the HST, and after a BRIEF, you could see the oil migrating through the paper towel to the bottom of the paper and once again, a steady drip.

The HST, basically slides into the ‘box frame’ of the tractor. The HST is wrapped by the frame. Visual inspection up to where the leak is impossible… MAYBE could be seen with a ‘snake camera’, but I do not have access to one.

I am attaching picture showing where the ‘ leak drops from, shown in red.

however, the small yellow circle is where I stuffed the dry paper towel to eliminate the possibility of a leak(s) coming from above.

Are in red stayed completely dry, but paper towel began getting saturated, wicked on down and began leaking again.

there is very little of the front of the HST that can be seen because of it being covered by frame.

No telling how many times I have tried to locate leak origin in daylight, at night… it does leak much faster when the hydraulics are in use. Slow to a slower drop when off… but good old gravity is still “on”.

I am always open to more suggestions!

I have included a couple of pics… first, showing where leaks are most easily ‘seen’, but not the origin and
2) how close I am to hopefully getting the HST away fro frame so the leak can be seen at its origin!

thank y’all so much!
99F54FC0-503E-4E05-9228-F7A29BBDE4D9.jpeg
33F02A5D-8A27-4D4F-AC83-B06863F4AC74.jpeg

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Unbolt the reverse pedal from the F-R pedal assembly. Then remove the reverse part of the pedal. At that point you can then remove the floorboard, and you're gonna have to take it off anyway. 2 springs, few bolts, etc. Pull the Forward pedal downward and remove the floor. Now you have access to everything on the pedal to remove it. IIRC it just slides off of the link rod.

For the leak, you will want to carefully and fully inspect everything. I see where a pipe was brazed at some point, if you're going that far into the tractor I'd probably look at replacing it if it were mine. Obviously it's not and that's up to you. To find the leak, clean everything off VERY well, like using contact or brake cleaner. Let it dry out good. Then spray some foot powder in the general vicinity of where you think the leak might be coming from. The powder will attract to the oil that is leaking out, and since it's white colored, it shows the leak pretty good. You can also use baby powder, that's all up to you. I just use spray foot powder as I usually have some laying around. Have also used UV dye and that works too for certain things. But foot powder works just as good on larger items such as what you're working with.

arto98607

Equipment
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, JD 440 ICD, JD 300
Aug 24, 2014
Southwest WA State
Last edited: