How to drain fuel L2501

Shortline

Jul 2, 2018
Oneonta AL
2018 L2501 w/ 130 hours.

So I think I have some bad diesel. Tractor has been running fine, until I added 5 gallons of diesel Friday. Ran fine for 30 minutes or so, then runs rough and stalls out. Filter doesn’t have any water in it. The filter was dirty, so changed it On Saturday. Again, ran fine for about 30 minutes, now it’s rough and stalling again. The new filter still looks clean, and still don’t see any water in the bowl.

Bad diesel? I’d like to drain the tank, and start with fresh diesel from another station. But don’t see any drain. Is there an easy way to drain it? Siphon pump from fuel filler? A way to drain from the filter housing somehow that won’t dump it all over the ground?

Any other ideas besides the fuel? 99% sure it’s the fuel. But I suppose it could be something else. Thanks!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
where the line comes to the filter ...... pull the line and allow to drain......

YOU COULD have something in the tank that is restricting flow too........

When you take hose off - watch the fuel flow - if goes from a good flow to limited flow .....you found your problem is tank! IF constant flow to empty - change out fuel and see if things change.

Reactions: 1 user

Shortline

Jul 2, 2018
Oneonta AL
where the line comes to the filter ...... pull the line and allow to drain......

YOU COULD have something in the tank that is restricting flow too........

When you take hose off - watch the fuel flow - if goes from a good flow to limited flow .....you found your problem is tank! IF constant flow to empty - change out fuel and see if things change.
Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow. In the event there is something in the tank how hard is it to remove to clean it? Honestly haven’t looked closely at it.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Problem probably solved. This thread is nearly 3 years old.
lol, dangit..i didn't even get to tell the op, get one of those drill pumps from lowes, it works great !. i had to change out my fuel sending unit on my b2100, just filled it up too !..lol. grabbed my drill pump..after a few mins, got most of the fuel out to change the sending unit.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The spammers will keep posting to the forums as long as the front door is unlocked.