How does the seat sensor work?

Skidude108

Equipment
L3240 HST
Oct 20, 2022
Maine
The seat sensor in my L3240 has recently started acting up, and I'm not sure where to start looking for the issue. I don't see anything super obvious on the under side of the seat. The one switch I can see just detects when the seat is flipped forward for PTO operation without an operator.
When I am moving, the tractor sometimes just cuts power for a second like I've stood up off the seat, even though I am still sitting. If I adjust my butt it comes right back.
Is the sensor buried in the seat, or is it something I can troubleshoot? Is it a simple contact sensor, or is there more to it?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, so I looked ....
In the seat ,you can see a 'disk'..that's the seat sensor.....with wires leading out front, then to right side.
when a weight presses down on it, switch works....

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Skidude108

Equipment
L3240 HST
Oct 20, 2022
Maine
In the seat ,you can see a 'disk'..that's the seat sensor.....with wires leading out front, then to right side.
That's a handy diagram, is there a service manual or something available I can download?

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Based upon the diagram I calculate that the disk senses flatulence.

I recommend that OP consumes a bowl of chili and tries the tractor again after a 3 hour latency period.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
That's a handy diagram, is there a service manual or something available I can download?
Looks like a parts diagram - - https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Try here for Operator and/or Workshop Manuals (WSM). Not sure if a WSM would cover all models in the Lxx40 series, or individual models.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
See this thread for information on similar problems

Post 10 presents a solution for cold weather and lighter weight person