Homemade snow pusher for bx

kskomro

Equipment
BX1880, Loader, Rear Blade 60", Carry all
Feb 25, 2014
Center of CT
So I made this home made Snow pusher to attach to the bucket of my BX1880. It comes on and off pretty easy in about 5 Min. I used 3/4 pressure treated plywood for most. 2x4's for sides and braces. 5/4 decking boards for bottom edge, and PVC cut on cutting edge. A couple of trips to Hardware store for angle braces, I nut and bolted 90% with lock nuts, and tread locker, with washers. It dosn't cut the ice, I didn't plan on it for that, I have a Rear Blade for that. It simply pushes the piles of snow to end of my driveway. First I used the snow blower, Then used the pusher to push to rear driveway. I was still able to push the snow up on top of a pile. Total cost was may $100. Used once so far, I'll see how it does next storm. Who know's when that will be, it was 52 out today. Next snow storm I will try to post a video on You tube.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Truly amazing what you can do without a welder, and an easy to replace cutting edge. Nice work.

I can remember dragging an old box spring with a piece of plywood laying on top, with my wife setting on the plywood, being pulled by a Sears 10 HP mower. Had to come up with something to clear a 12" off the driveway.

Sometimes you just have to get creative.

kskomro

Equipment
BX1880, Loader, Rear Blade 60", Carry all
Feb 25, 2014
Center of CT
Thanks for the Compliments! Didn't take that long, I took my time, little at a time during the fall.