Home made tank sprayer

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
After making my carry all and thinking that a water tank for watering distant plants and spraying fertilizer would be handy, but, not worth the several hundreds of dollar needed to buy one, I set forth on this contraption.

Basically, it is a 55-gallon plastic drum, this one had water soluble RV anti-free in it. I used some 3/4 inch white pipe and mounted an L-shaped pick-up into the tank, a cheap HF 12-volt pump and some garden hose. I used that so I could couple in a hand sprayer as well as the single point broadcast sprayer. The sprayer mount is detachable and the sprayer head is a "RainBird" border spray head with a 16-foot spray width.
I will need to reduce the sprayer pressure currently at 50 psi to the more desired 30psi but for the moment it all works.
I used it today to water in some new conifers that were out with long hose distance and thought it much better that many watering cans - aka Gunda Din.
I think all in I have about $40 in the job.
I will be adding a second ratchet strap to nearer the top of the tank when traveling across the grass spraying.
The upside-down ice cream tub is to protect the pump when it is stored outside.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats pretty neat, whats the bracket on the drum for :confused:

asgard

Equipment
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
The bracket is the removable drop to hold the single sprayer head. I was unsure as to what height was best for spraying so I gave myself room to either lower the carrier or raise the spray location.
The drop is not fixed to the drum - obviously but slots into 2 spring button units at the top. I made it from the workings of a donated garden gazebo.
Works well for all I will use it for and that is what I was needing.
If you want any additional info or pictures let me know.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Postem my friend, I may not build something like you did but some one else may and I think you have it pretty well figured out :D

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Nice job. I could see using something like that around the homestead.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I like the carry all, I bought one of those at TSC but wouldn't hook up to my QH
It would make a decent ballast with some boards and sandbags filled with sand.

asgard

Equipment
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the like on the carry all. I made that one so it hooks over a standard drawbar and then has a top link. It means that it is on the ground when you install it - no lifting and acts like a forklift. I have made a few add-on items, a ballast box again made using a cut down blue barrel, you can see I have a liking for these, and I get them free, a platform as seen under the tank and a firewood carrier. I have plans for another add on but that is not completed yet.
I will be posting some additional tank sprayer pictures and could include some other of the carry all.