Help Needed, B6200HSD

JsNewProject

May 3, 2019
Ocala, FL USA
I have an old '83 B6200HSD that my family has had for years, recently had it serviced and put in a new steering box, oil change, etc... However we are now having an new and unrelated problem; the right rear tire will not turn when the transmission is engaged.

Right now a friend of mine who is more mechanically-inclined than me has it at his house and is bringing it back on Sunday.

Any suggestions on where we should start the troubleshooting?

We have already tried checking the differential lock and that the brakes aren't engaged.

Thanks in advance.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have an old '83 B6200HSD that my family has had for years, recently had it serviced and put in a new steering box, oil change, etc... However we are now having an new and unrelated problem; the right rear tire will not turn when the transmission is engaged.

Right now a friend of mine who is more mechanically-inclined than me has it at his house and is bringing it back on Sunday.

Any suggestions on where we should start the troubleshooting?

We have already tried checking the differential lock and that the brakes aren't engaged.

Thanks in advance.
It won't turn as in locked up?
Does it only do it when the transmission is in gear?
...I think that's what your saying.

JsNewProject

May 3, 2019
Ocala, FL USA
Unfortunately it stormed here all day Sunday so I most likely won't get a chance to get my hands on it until this weekend.

From talking to my friend who has been working on it, the right rear wheel doesn't turn at all even when the tractor is towed. He says the brakes aren't engaged.