Help hydraulic fluid leaking from new tractor

Guy

May 16, 2015
Newburgh, NY
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. I am also a new tractor owner (my first tractor). I just received my brand new BX25D-1 yesterday ( 2nd try) & it's been a nightmare.

I have two questions:

1) I assume that there could be no reason for any fluid leaking (I am new to this so go easy on me, hahah). My line of thinking is no, on the other hand I was thinking maybe the 'prep - guys' at the dealer just over topped the fluids?

2) Has anyone on this forum done any business with Pine Bush Power Equipment in their Pine Bush NY location? If so how was your experience?

I must say mine has been horrible. This is the second time they delivered the BX to me. The first time the PTO was lever was stuck in the rear position. Luckily I checked every thing before they left. I made them reload it & take it back. they could not fix it & had to redo contacts with a different tractor, took another 5 days. Now here I am with a second tractor that leaks!

I am at a loss..... why so many problems, is it because they are sitting on the lot for a year? I doubt it's Kubota build quality... all tho I am not feeling to good. I am assuming it's poor dealer prep....

Thanks... whish my first post could have been a bit more positive.

Guy

Last edited:

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Sorry can't comment on bush.
Where is it leaking?
Leaking when just setting?
Leaking after warm-up?

Have the dealer give you a walk around and explain the operation.

Last edited:

Guy

May 16, 2015
Newburgh, NY
I have a MMM so it's tough to tell exactly where, without removing. Since I have had it less than 24 hours I didn't remove it. But the fluid is on the front right side of the mower & the front right of the frame (half way to through the distance of the engine.

It seems to leak under load, then after it sits there is a small puddle about the size of a slice of white bread dispersed.

And yes it was running about 30-45 mins. & still leaked.

Just was wondering is there is anything normal about this, or any other explanation before I rip the dealer a new one.....

Thanks!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I'm curious on why the dealer couldn't fix the stuck pto lever :confused: Is he employing his son in law with no experience as the only mechanic?

Honestly though with just getting it brand new, the dealers tech needs to come back out to you and fix the issue. Dealer really needs to explain why there were two obvious issues with two seperate tractors. Honestly it sounds like his mechanic didn't perform any operational checks on the tractors.

Guy

May 16, 2015
Newburgh, NY
Thanks, that's what I am thinking... Funny thing is the dealer is pretty large, they have 3 locations & sell lots of heavy equipment. It's one of the reasons I went with them... go figure! Here is a link to their webpage: http://pbeinc.com/

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
This is ALL on the dealer! (new machine)

Guy

May 16, 2015
Newburgh, NY
Yep... just want to make sure this is nothing 'normal'. Thanks' for your reply's guys. I have a call with them now.

I will keep you posted.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Hopefully it's just an over fill of the hyd fluid, (Quick fix) And you can get back to work and enjoy your new machine.
GOOD LUCK!

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
The hydraulic system is a sealed system.
The manual states to do a leak check.
If there is a leak, there is a problem.
Sounds like it is around the front end loader valve or disconnects.

Look above the leak.
Call the dealer and have them make it right.

Ray

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Thanks, that's what I am thinking... Funny thing is the dealer is pretty large, they have 3 locations & sell lots of heavy equipment. It's one of the reasons I went with them... go figure! Here is a link to their webpage: http://pbeinc.com/
I hate to say it, but it being a large dealer doesn't mean you are getting the best service. Like the others have said, I would have the dealer send someone out and look at it (at their cost).

I hope you can get this fixed and you will enjoy your Kubota as much as I have mine.

Guy

May 16, 2015
Newburgh, NY
Point taken...thanks' for the help. I plan on having them fix the problem at their cost, that's for sure.

Orange Turbo is that a possibility that they may have over filled the fluid? I hope that's it although it may give me a bad case of foot - in - mouth, because I just left the salesman a not so nice voice message...hahah. Either way I am not a happy buyer....it's a shame.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Well,
I myself have never seen a SEALED Hyd system. But nothing surprises me anymore:rolleyes: Most Hyd systems are vented, So if its over full it will come out the vent, being running temp will make it worse.
This is my personal experience....
Good Luck, I'm sure they will make it right.
Keep us posted........