Headlight upgrade M8580

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Assuming this is correct:

Then that part number is just for the housing. Specifically the manufacturer part number not Kubotas. I got a bored so I did some poking around, and I don't see a better after market housing. However thay doesn't mean nothing can be improved. Your housing looks rough, so you can replace it with new. The bulb itself can be replaced with something better after that. Depending on the part number of the bulb itself of course. Messicks says its a 33740-33872.

Unfortunately kubota numbers are unique and aren't related to the actual part number of the bulb itself. For instance my lx uses 1156 light bulbs for headlights, but no where stated that information I just knew by looking at it and ordered led replacements. If you can remove the actual light bulb and take a few pics of it from different angles I might be able to track down something that will fit.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Note: The info below is about a Different Part Number, and according to Messicks interchangeability chart* will not fit your M8580. This info posted for general discussion.

These are what replaced the OEM headlight lamps Kubota #38450-33870 on my M4700:

(and YES…the LED pull less current than the OEM incandescent lamps and put MORE LIGHT onto the back of my FEL-Bucket at night…MUCH better at blinding me…..) 🙄

I painted the back of my pallet-forks-rack Flat-Black…which helps considerably…. May do that to the back of my bucket as well…. The best solution I found was to mount an LED light-bar on top of my grille-guard which illuminates OVER my bucket/forks. ;)

* interchangeability chart for #38450-33870: https://messicks.com/part/38450-33870?vendorcode=KU

Attachments

Last edited:

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Alrighty. So the part number for your light bulb and not kubotas number is 6260ba. That number should be good for every major manufacturer whether it be sylvania, wagner,eiko. Of course that's just what I've found poking around.

However, that is not a common bulb at all. Which means virtually zero aftermarket support. However if your inclined you might take that old one to a store and compare it to an h7. They look to be close to the same size and use similar connectors. They do have some alignment tabs that you might have to snip off. Just don't touch the glass.

Reactions: 1 user