Grader or Scraper for BX25

antigreen

Equipment
BX25
May 19, 2010
Sewell, NJ
Soon I'll take delivery of my very first tractor, a Kubota BX25. I have a stone driveway that needs rehabilitation. I also have a large yard my three big dogs have teared up. So I'm looking for the right implement for both grading my driveway and tearing through the existing grass in my yard in preparation for grading and seeding. I've been looking at implements such as the Land Pride GS1548 Grading Scraper and the Land Pride BB1548 Box Scraper. I seem to think the Grading Scraper would be better at ripping up the yard. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
NO the grader scraper is more for leveling and smoothing then anything else. I'd get a grading box and do all your tasks with that one. I strongly reccomend you spend the few dollars more and get you the Landpride box that has the manual retractable teeth on it. You'll love that handy feature in the long run. You wont have to go around and adjust the teeth manualy one at a time.

http://www.landpride.com/products/prod_bb/prod_mr15.html

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree with Eric. The box scrape would be the best choice in my opinion for all around use. With a little practice you can do about anything that the leveling scraper can do plus you have the ability to moves a lot more volume with the box due to it's deeper sides. A standard or one like Eric suggested, Either one would be a great choice for every day use and will last you for years. If you don't do any thing else be sure to spend the extra $$$ and get a quality built box that is heavy enough to do the job. A light weight box is a waste of money and a total pain in the arss to try and cut a grade with.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
anti, I have both a box blade and a grading scraper. I use the scraper quite often and almost never use the box blade. There was a thread back a few months ago about this same topic. I posted some pictures showing the use of the scraper. The thread is:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1480[/URL]

I have used the scraper to level ground before and liked the results. I do have a FEL and use it to move dirt/gravel/sand. I do use the box blade when I need to tear up some ground using the rippers. You can't do that with the scraper. I thought I give you another opinion to make your decision more difficult. Hey, maybe the dealer will let you try out both implements to help you make your decision. Wouldn't hurt to ask - all they can say is - no. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I will confuse you more. I like my box scrapper more also it is 4 foot dont get one to large for your tractor. I have a b7100 I have leveled drive spread rock pulled up rotten stumps with the rippers which the blade doesnt have. I also have a pond scoop for hauling rock ,dirt, digging ditches, etc. It works off 3 point hitch will work foward or reverse. I have a second scoop which only loads foward if you get one of those make sure it is reversable. Hope we have all confused you enough. Good luck . handy

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Like your tractor bulldog. NICE ONE mine is a baby compared to yours but I take a little bite at a time.handy

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thankyou handy,

That is the one I was sitting in when I was on the phone with you yesterday. I really do love that tractor. It sure is a lot better in the field than my other one with no cab.