GR 2100 or 2110 Positive Reviews?

Dillier23

Jun 3, 2016
Toledo IL
Hello,
I've come across a 2005 GR 2100 Kubota diesel with 300 hours (perfect condition) on it for around $3,000. I've read online until I'm blue in the face about all the negative experiences some owners have had, but I still find it hard to believe that the Glide Steer and/or transmission problems are as bad as they seem online.

Are there owners or friends of owners out there that have had positive experiences with the GR 2100 or 2110 models?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
A friend of mine at the lake bought a GR2120 about 3 years ago or more, he has only had a middle spindle lock up ( he is 82 and could not grease that zerk easily) and recently he has something in his fuel tank that is causing a restriction in fuel delivery, not sure if it is a sending unit problem or something else......

I do know this, he has about 300 hours on it, and was getting ready to change the hydraulic oil......and there was none on the dipstick!!! Book calls for 3.5 qts, I was there when he drained it, looked like 1.5 qts came out including filter!!!! SO not sure if he ever has had tranny issues!

All the negatives are always heard, very few people will get online and tell you how wonderful there mower is.........

does the owner have all records of past maintenance?

3K would be a very good buy!;):)

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/list/?manu=KUBOTA&mdltxt=GR2100

Dillier23

Jun 3, 2016
Toledo IL
There must have not been many of these sold or there are only a few with real issues. Based off of the lack of feedback to the question.

Silver Fox

Equipment
Kubota B 2620, rear blade, bush hog, subsoiler. front loader
Jan 12, 2016
cicero, Indiana
Had a GR 2110 in 2011. Great little tractor. Had for about year and a half. Cut grass, had a grass catcher they worked great. Also had the snow plow. Pushed up to 13" on asphalt never slipped a tire (turf tires). Hauled a lot of firewood in the winter. Moved to a bigger place and a B2620. Really sips the fuel.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
As said above... people don't visit boards to say how great things are. Chat boards are concentrated problem places. (generally) So, take things with a grain of salt. Also... you know that the glide steer has issues with the cables... so keep a second set on hand. Easy.

But, they aren't ground engaging... so don't treat it like a big tractor if you want it to live a long, healthy life.

retired

Sep 28, 2019
Fort Gibson,OK
Well I bought a new GR2110 in 2006 and 15 years later it runs great... BUT I use it easy...No slamming it back and forth on the Tran or guide stear...Have mowed 2 A for those 15 years Plus another 2 A for the past 10 years...Faithful on all of the Grease and oil changes. Just a great mower AND knew about the weakness of tran's and GS cables SO...Just genital with it, even tho is it orange..also I am mowing on rough ground,ditches,rocks,raise the mower deck up and down as needed....4 wheel save my butt a lot in tight places... anyway really like this mower..Guess I was wise to be genital with it.... Overall cost has been about 5 or 6 hundred $$ a year...

Last edited: