gear kubotas need a slip clutch?

Brushwacker

Equipment
B6100 + Allied 95 loader
If I get a mower and snowblower for my B6100 gear, will I need a overrunning clutch or is there one built in? thanks
oh and I happen to have a 72" douglas finish mower..should I even attempt to use it behind the B or just sell it and get a 60" like I'm wanting to ?

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
I have a 1980 B7100 & from what I can tell by trying to rotate the PTO (engaged), it has an internal ORC. Been mentioned on here before, try searching ORC.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Now I am confused. This thread talks about 2 different clutches. The title is about a slip clutch. In the discussion people are talking about an over running clutch. As far as I know they are two totally different devices. A slip clutch more or less does the job of a shear pin in the event the attachment gets jammed or overloaded. An over running clutch keeps the inertia of the spinning attachment from pushing the tractor forward even when you push in the clutch and take the tractor out of gear. When I put a rear finish mower on my B7100 I need to use an over running clutch or the tractor will continue to move even after I push in the clutch. The belt on the finish mower takes the place of a slip clutch if the mower were to jam.
So unless a B6100 is different than a B7100 you need (or should have) an over running clutch but you do not need a slip clutch.