G2546b Snow Blower rebuild

beavis331

Equipment
G1800s
Nov 22, 2018
Willmar, mn
I bought this snowblower to mount on my G1800s tractor. Bought it over the internet. Pics didn't show the bottom real well. After I cut all the extra steel off the bottom I found a real mess. The pics show how I fixed it.

Attachments

beavis331

Equipment
G1800s
Nov 22, 2018
Willmar, mn
The last problem is to fabricate a lift arm for the tractor. I did not get one with the blower. Anyone know how long they have to be. Or have a pic of one?;)

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
When you have the welding and fabrication skills that you do, you should have just built a blower from scratch. Your great work is now tied into a marginal factory made unit.

I predict in a few years all the pieces making up the blower will be yours!

I envy your craftsmanship.

Take a look at the fan shear bolt arrangement on the newer blowers made by RADCO for Kubota and John Deere.
It has proven to be much more durable.

This is the style you presently have.

This is the upgrade kit installed hence the black paint since it it for both Kubota and John Deere.

This is current production hence everything orange

Dave

Last edited:

beavis331

Equipment
G1800s
Nov 22, 2018
Willmar, mn
When you have the welding and fabrication skills that you do, you should have just built a blower from scratch. Your great work is now tied into a marginal factory made unit.

I predict in a few years all the pieces making up the blower will be yours!

I envy your craftsmanship.

Take a look at the fan shear bolt arrangement on the newer blowers made by RADCO for Kubota and John Deere.
It has proven to be much more durable.

This is the style you presently have.

This is the upgrade kit installed hence the black paint since it it for both Kubota and John Deere.

This is current production hence everything orange

Dave
Thanks Dave,

This blower has the flange type shear bolt on the impeller. Looks like it has been that way for a while. The other style would be a huge pain.

I think, now that I have the botttom end rebuilt, it should last a while. As long as the gear box doesn’t grenade.

Tom

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
Great fab job. I too enjoy making broke down junk pretty and in working order again. There's just that unexplainable feeling of accomplishment you get when you resurrect an old piece of junk into a work horse again. I wish you many more years of use with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

beavis331

Equipment
G1800s
Nov 22, 2018
Willmar, mn
Great fab job. I too enjoy making broke down junk pretty and in working order again. There's just that unexplainable feeling of accomplishment you get when you resurrect an old piece of junk into a work horse again. I wish you many more years of use with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Thanks man!

Much appreciated!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
This is the style of auger bolt that will help save your gearbox.

Usually when they fail, the owner does not realize that the bolts are weakened and uses an ordinary bolt which puts the gearbox in danger.

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Hello Dave

My book shows grade 5
My observation when this plague of failures was at its worst, was that the documents and, even the dealers, could not keep up to date with the changes RADCO was making.

I do not have a front mounted blower and only became informed trying to help those facing frequent failures.

In the end it is up to you.

Dave

beavis331

Equipment
G1800s
Nov 22, 2018
Willmar, mn
My observation when this plague of failures was at its worst, was that the documents and, even the dealers, could not keep up to date with the changes RADCO was making.

I do not have a front mounted blower and only became informed trying to help those facing frequent failures.

In the end it is up to you.

Dave
Thanks for spreading the word, Dave!

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I have one of those blowers in as new condition that I'm not using. I wish you would have bought it from me.... ;-)

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The mounting that came with the blower includes most of the G2549 hitch system for G1800,G1900 and G2000 tractors.

The male quick hitch, pn 70060-03066 is incomplete.