G1900 owner manual

Hugo Habicht

Equipment
G1900
Jun 24, 2024
Ireland
Hello,

I just registered on this forum. I will get a G1900 end of the week in pretty poor condition and huge hours on the clock and I plan to repair it and use it as the manufacturer intended. I found plenty of workshop manuals and spare parts lists on the internet but what I cannot find is a (soft-) copy of the normal user/owner manual that explains the basic operation and maintenance.

I am sure there is such thing that came originally with the machine. Can anybody point me in the right direction where to find that manual?

I managed to start the engine (with a bit of extra wiring :) ) and the basic operation is pretty quick to figure out but I am sure there are subtle but nevertheless important details that are easily overlooked.

Kind regards,
Hugo

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Hello,

I just registered on this forum. I will get a G1900 end of the week in pretty poor condition and huge hours on the clock and I plan to repair it and use it as the manufacturer intended. I found plenty of workshop manuals and spare parts lists on the internet but what I cannot find is a (soft-) copy of the normal user/owner manual that explains the basic operation and maintenance.

I am sure there is such thing that came originally with the machine. Can anybody point me in the right direction where to find that manual?

I managed to start the engine (with a bit of extra wiring :) ) and the basic operation is pretty quick to figure out but I am sure there are subtle but nevertheless important details that are easily overlooked.

Kind regards,
Hugo
Start at kubota books. Com

Hugo Habicht

Equipment
G1900
Jun 24, 2024
Ireland
Hello Ktrim,

I read here in the forum before and I've been to kubotabooks (and lots of other web sites). The files in the mower section are parts lists. Or am I looking in the wrong section?

Kind regards,
Hugo

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Hello Ktrim,

I read here in the forum before and I've been to kubotabooks (and lots of other web sites). The files in the mower section are parts lists. Or am I looking in the wrong section?

Kind regards,
Hugo

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Hugo Habicht

Equipment
G1900
Jun 24, 2024
Ireland
Hello Ktrim,

great, thank you very much, appreciated, really!

I came across Messick's looking for spare parts but it never dawned to me that they have the manual! Will order ot straight away.

Strangely enough their web site does not come up in an internet search, even using the right keywords. They probably do not pay protection money to Mr. Google :)

Kind regards,
Hagen

Hugo Habicht

Equipment
G1900
Jun 24, 2024
Ireland
Hi all,

I was finally able to obtain the elusive G1900 operators manual from my local Kubota dealer. The obvious is sometimes difficult to see :oops:

Thank you very much for your help and considering the condition and the hours on this machine it is highly likely that I will be back with questions and hopefully later with answers for others once I figured out how this thing works. :)

Kind Regards,
Hugo

22R

Feb 29, 2020
GONZALES, La
Hi Hugo,

I have a 92 Model reg steer 1900. Ask if you have any questions. One thing you probably know is to check the driveshaft. I had to replace my U joints when I got mine with 600 or so hopers on it. They are cool lil machines. I have a line on a 3 point hitch for mine right now I am hoping it comes through.

22R

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hi all,

I was finally able to obtain the elusive G1900 operators manual from my local Kubota dealer. The obvious is sometimes difficult to see :oops:

Thank you very much for your help and considering the condition and the hours on this machine it is highly likely that I will be back with questions and hopefully later with answers for others once I figured out how this thing works. :)

Kind Regards,
Hugo
Hugo
I have sent you a private message re WSM. Check the envelope symbol at top right corner of most forum pages.
Dave

Hugo Habicht

Equipment
G1900
Jun 24, 2024
Ireland
Hi 22R,

thank you very much for your offer. I'd say it is likely that I will take you up on it.

I have not had much time working on it but I got it running by short wiring the starter and it drives and it cuts the grass. The starter switch should arrive today, so hopefully I can tackle the electrics first.

Then the next obvious problem is the 360 degree (!) play in the steering. The ball joints are all lose, but not in the joint itself but the tapered seats are worn out beyond recognition. One rear wheel has 1/2 inch play when you push it sideways. It probably has not seen a grease gun for a while. I have never seen such a neglected machine and everybody says I should scrap it, which is, considering everything objectively, sound advice. That's why I started repairing it. :)

Kind regards,
Hugo

p.s.: mine has over 6000 hours :oops:

Last edited:

22R

Feb 29, 2020
GONZALES, La
Wow 6000 hrs. That is amazing. The good thing is you can still get a lot of Kubota parts for these machines the bad thing is Kubota parts are very expensive:(. Pace yourself and enjoy.
Post some pics when you can.

22R

Hugo Habicht

Equipment
G1900
Jun 24, 2024
Ireland
Soooo....

today I spent all day trying to fix the electrics so that I can drive it on a trailer to bring it home. The starter won't work. So I checked the usual switches and found the brake switch faulty. Shorting that did not change anything. It seems all switch signals are going to the combination box but this does not combine everything into a starter signal. All the electronics gunked up, of course, otherwise it would be easy to fix. Will have to build my own. So I ran a provisional wire from the starter switch to the solenoid and it started first turn. I had fixed one of the steering linkages reducing play in the steering from 360 degrees to about 90 degrees. Not great but I went for a spin. Loved it !

A lot of work to be done, I'm afraid. Some clowns from the local council must have decided in the past to put a cabin over the poor tractor and crudely cut big chunks out of the floor panel. That will be a lot of sheet metal bending and welding to get that back into shape.

I will start with the worst mechanical problems first, try to stop the corrosion for the moment and do cosmetics later. It has to cut my grass first.

Kind regards,
Hugo

Attachments

Last edited: