fuel system flush ?

Rheino

Equipment
B 1700 and L 2350 loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2010
New Cumberland, WV, USA
Need some help. My B 1700 died, I found a rip in my fuel filter and now have trash in my fuel system. Cleaned the injectors, not sure what to do to pump or injection pump as far as cleaning.

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
When I changed the fuel filter on my B7200 I found a needle valve on the injector pump. The B1700 I believe is very similar so you may want to check that out for cleaning. The needle valve is located on the end of the fuel line coming from the fuel pump and has a thumb screw on the top, parts diagram #010 on page 12. If you don't already have a parts diagram book you will find one, free at "www.kubotabooks.com" . Good luck and don't forget to bleed the 3 inject lines right on top of the engine. The books don't tell you to do that.

Last edited:

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I've heard guys mention about filling the filter housing with conditioner cleaner and then firing that through the system. Never tried it but sounds like it would work. Orangefox40 I think you are referring to the air vent screw. It's to bleed the system so that you don't have to loosen the lines.