Fuel pressures

custommetal2001

Equipment
B7200HSTD
Does anyone know how much fuel pressure is coming out of fuel pump to injector pump. I have a B7200HSTD with the 950 engine. I have a manual, but cant find it in there. Found Inj npump pressures but not fuel pump. Tractor will not start.
Thanks
Erik

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Can you give us a few more details? Did you run out of fuel and it not want to start or service it and it not start or what? If that be the case you just need to bleed some air off and it should be ready to start.

custommetal2001

Equipment
B7200HSTD
No, it just set for about 45 days. No use at all. I checked and replace fuel filter, pulled the hose from the filter side of fuel pump, fuel flowed fine to the pump. pulled hose off of the pump side that feed the injection pump, cranked engine and the fuel just kind of spits a little. Nothing like I would expect. I just dont know much about diesel engines. I know its a fuel issue, but not sure where at.
Thanks

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'm not sure about your model but does it have a small round knob that's in the fuel line close to the injector pump? If it has one it will be in the open and easy to see. If it has one make sure you have the air bled from the fuel filter and then turn the knob counter clockwise which will open it up. Crank the engine over and it everything is right the engine should fire up after a few seconds. After it cranks just close the valve back up and you should be ready to go. If it doesn't have the little knob try to loosen the fuel line where it goes in the injector pump. Don't take it off just loosen it up a little. Crank the engine over until fuel squirts out. Tighten the line and crank the tractor. Try this and see if it cranks. If not we can go further and try to help you get it going. You may end up having to loosen injector lines to bleed them but I normally don't need to do this. Maybe this will help out and get you running again.

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

With again looking at your first post, it may just be me, but I'm hung up between "will not start" and "fuel pressure" question. If it had only been sitting for about 45 days, assuming by this, that it and was running fine before, there would be a number of things I would check before getting to a fuel pressure issue. By what method did you reach this point.

You may very well be on the right track, but you haven't mentioned anything else you tried first for a tractor that "will not start".

Ron

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
My I&T service manual for a B7100 shows the fuel pump pressure should be 20 KPA or 2.8 PSI. A B7100 has the D750 engine. I would think it should be the same for your tractor. I could not find the specification in my Kubota WSM but the I&T book has good info. There should also be a flow spec for a mechanical pump but neither book talks about that. I think the spec for most older gas engines was a pump should fill a pint container in around 30 seconds of cranking. I could be wrong. It has been a long time since checking something like that.

Last edited:

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Did you replace the fuel filter. If I read your posts right you did not change the filter and it is after the filter the the flow is poor? Never mind you did change it, eyes are not working this morn!!!!

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
It may be your mechanical lift pump. You can by-pass it with a length of hose and then make sure all you air is bled out. They can go bad and act like a blockage when they do.